This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I just registered but can not find a button that allows me to introduce myself on this introduction page. I'm using Safari browser. What am I missing?
    Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Comment

Okay... wild guess... we use 'Post Quick Reply' to introduce ourself? I'll try that.

Hello!

My name is Mike Grissom and I live in Morrisville, NC USA.

I'm a retired career pilot/tech of my own WW2 Spitfire replica with parallel careers as a cartoonist for news/magazines and prolific inventor. I retired from flying and cartooning (as jobs) to give full time to my inventing passion and still doing that.

I've been an amateur radio op (now KW4IQ) since 1962 and was deep into computers since before they were available to the public. My first personal computer was a Franklin Ace 1200 from which I ran a horde of Opus BBS's before the internet was invented. My 2nd hobby is classic car restoration electrical/mechanical/modernization.

I found this site on first search for a new low ESR 390mf 250v filter cap to repair a 2009 40" ProScan TV for rapid blinking of a perfect picture.

Mike
      Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Comment

Hi!

I'm working right now to fix somebody's trash, hopeful to bring it to life.

bogs

Comment

Im steve, process engineering student from austria, busted my laptop with an bios update need help.

Comment

Greetings All

Thanks for adding me to this forum.

Let me introduce myself.
            I'm a sixty year old Canadian with 37 years experience in the electronics service industry.
            For the past thirty years I've been servicing diagnostic imaging systems,
            X-ray systems.
            Once upon a time we would replace electronic components but now it's all board/assembly level replacement. Even if the components were available we aren't even allowed to do component level repairs.

Perhaps I can offer advice to anyone with a particular problem.

I joined this forum for advice on fixing a friend's Samsung LN40B610A5FXZC.
            I found a post c/w a schematic & parts list.
            I'm a schematic guy, it's the first place I go to troubleshoot a device.

Well wish me luck.

Comment

Hello! New Guy From Phoenix Arizona Wanting To Learn

Comment

Hello, I'm an engineer and was looking for schematics for my MacBook Pro 13" A1708 EMC 3164 and ran across this site via google search. Trying to find the zero ohm resistor and or fuse for my keyboard lighting. My german shepherd's tail spilled a beer onto my keyboard and MacBook stopped working and wouldn't power on. Seen some youtube vids, took MacBook logic board out, bought a sonic cleaner for $65, put logic board in per the video instructions with distilled water at 145 degrees F, on all four sides for 90 a side times 4. Them used 99% isopropyl alcohol for 90 seconds twice in sonic cleaner, then let dry over night in front of fan. Put back together and MacBook Pro started working again. Only thing is trying to find the zero ohm resister that acts like fuse and replace it.

Comment

Hello, Thank you for allowing me to join your Forum, my name is Howard and I have been in the electronic servicing industry all my life and now retired. This gives me lots of time to enjoy the hobby and Amateur Radio.
                  I was looking for info on the Kenwood sig gen. SG5110 and came across your forum

Comment

Uhhhh Hi,I came up on this site while searching for schematics for mobos I had to trace in my laptop repair class :3.That's all for now, thanks for having me here.

Comment

Hello! I was an electrical engineering student for approximately 8 hours before I switched over to chem engineering haha, needless to say, I am pretty much a complete novice beyond the very very basics, I signed up here because I'm needing help fixing my dad's subwoofer. Saw that someone posted a thread on the same exact power board I've diagnosed has an issue but I'm not sure what it is. Hoping someone has the generosity to share their expertise for my problem. Thanks!

Comment

Hi, I recently came across this forum when trying to search for a fix for my TV. The info on here is really useful and the members are very knowledgeable. Although I've seen the fix on here, I'm not that confident to do the soldering myself, so was hoping a skilled member would be able to do this (happy to pay for the service of course). The TV is a Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 and has the 8 blue blinking lights. I am based in Leicester, so was looking for someone nearby, or willing to travel. Obviously don't want to pay too much as the TV is 10yrs old now, but if someone is able to quote a reasonable amount then that would be great! Thanks, Rakesh

Comment

Hello from Montreal. Long time geek and tinkerer, first time TV repairman. I have an issue which is being stubborn and wanting to fix stuff instead of just replacing it...

Cheers,
                          NiK

Comment

Hello, all! Happy to find a new forum for folks like me who like to repair and refurbish computers. I've been collecting for a while, and have many examples of 80' and 90's computers. Mostly PCs, but several others such as Apples, Amiga and PS/2.

My collection is beginning to show its age, as more and more issues are beginning to crop up. That's where this forum comes in. I found you all while looking for replacement capacitors for a several motherboards and PSUs. Very much looking forward to joining in the fun and getting these computers back to working order.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm satvu as that, satellite dishes etc, is what I use to specialize in. Since the clamp came down, I now work on computers and have just started to delve into sets with broken panels or bad boards.

Discovered this when looking for panel crossovers, which is still being elusive. Be interesting to discover what the difference is connectivity wise between different manufactures ie Samsung to LG etc.

Thanks for having me aboard!

Comment

Hi Guys, I am a new members who owns a faulty plasma 48 in screen and I am looking to fix it with the help of the professionals on this forum! Many thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone !

Comment

Hi I am a new member. Looking to get info to fix my Sony tv.

Comment

Goid evening, ladies and gentlemen. Or otherwise, depending on your time zone. I come here in search of knowledge of PC power supplies, and how to make them do one's bidding.

Comment

Hello folks, this looks like a great forum. I've enjoyed fiddling with electronics since I was young. I came across this site while investigating a possible fix for my laptop's super dim backlight.

Comment

Hello all,
                                          I've recently retired and decided to build myself a little shop to rehab vintage Heathkit audio gear. I already collected 3 of their finest units so need to get them cleaned up, re-capped and re-caled. Will probably have to rehab some vintage Heathkit test gear too to get the right equipment to test and re-calibrate the audio gear. I stumbled across this forum while searching for info on the "dim bulb" tester. Looks like a great, inexpensive little tester which will be this weekends little project.
                                          Looking for (4) speaker plugs for my Heathkit AR-1515 if you know where I could find them.
                                          Thanks for all the insight and info I will be gleaning from the past posts as I read them tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                          X