This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi my name is Kyle and I am trying to repair a Vizio M55NV that was struck by lightning. I will post what I have done and seek feedback in another thread. TV was given to me just hoping to get lucky and get it working again.

Yotaman

Comment

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and hope to learn new things and help others as well. I came here because I need help fixing my TV.

Comment

Hi i'm Gerson, just call me son2.. i'm computer engineering

Comment

Hello I am trying to fix a vizio tv (vx42l) and thought id try here, power supply is only reading 3v on the 5v standby circuit, and i'm about to pull my hair out and buy a new power board! I think I have to make a post here before starting a new thread, so here it is

Comment

Hi my name is Sharpy and im new here ive been on bad caps before gathering info led by google mainly. Im an electrician and i dabble in electronics (self taught) alot of guessing and abit of luck. ive repaired several lcd tvs most recently a samsung rcz2233 120hz monitor (bad back light transformer) i think i might have had info from here to help lol. im handy with a soldering iron etc but bare with me alittle if i dont know exactly wat im at all the time im here to learn and any info/help will be greatly appreciated. As ive said ive been on here before just never a member and i know there is alot of talent/genius on here

Comment

hi i just need this restriction to go away, tnx anyway

Comment

Hullo.

Slowly beginning to get into the world of component electronic repair. Led here due to water damage on my laptop, looking for massive knowledge download before I get my hands dirty.

Comment

Hi, I am from New York, just joining to see what I can learn. I'm Bill, have worked on computers and now all the other devices .... phones, tablets, I work on all. See you...

Comment

Hello everyone!!! I'm excited that I came across this forum. I like to try and fix my own electronic items before they become large or small paper weights. My Samsung TV is on life support right now and with help from all of you I believe we can bring it back to life. I look forward in working with all the doctors in this house.

Comment

Hi all y'all!
                      I came to look for info on a tv I was replacing caps and fuses for, and have stayed! Fixing LCD's has become a bit of a hobby as well as some extra cash. I'm disabled, and have found your forum to be a breath of fresh air in helping me learn how to help myself!

Comment

Hi,
                        I heard about badcaps a few years ago from reading sci.electronics.repair. But I didn't really need to come here until my Samsung HDTV tuner quit working, and badcaps.net had the answer. Within 48 hours I'm back watching TV. (Is this good or bad? I'm not going to get philosophical.)

I joined so I could post my thanks to the Samsung thread.

Comment

Hi, I am Alex and i found your site while looking for some schematics. I am glad that i found this island of tech info and resources. I am running a small computer service from my home. I do mostly motherboards for desktops and laptops. I also do the rest of the IT technical stuff and BIOS related stuff, some programming and keep learning new things as they are needed, which means every day new things are added to the library.

Comment

Hello. My name is Dusty. I'm a big techie who loves to tinker with computers, TVs, cell phone, pretty much anything electronic! I like taking broken things and making them work again. I came here looking for some help with my beloved Sony Bravia XBR4.

Comment

Hello my name is Mike, electrical background, looking for self repair guidance Samsung Plasma

Comment

Hello! Just decided to join to hopefully get some help oin fixing my LCD Sony!
                                Melzy

Comment

Hi,
                                  I'm a new member on here with a messed up Samsung Un55eh6001F. I suspect it is the T-Con board but I am not sure. I took a picture of the screen and would like to get some expert opinions on it before I spend money on a new board. It's your classic vertical artifacting noise on just one side of the screen. It also could be the tabs, but I have no idea how to fix that.

Personally, I am a film and video guy who has been doing it for 25 years. If anybody has any post production questions as it relates to a macintosh and video editing software issues (Final Cut, Premiere, Avid - Media Composer, After Effects), please feel free to reach out to me. I'd be more than happy to share the love.

This is a great resource, looking forward to participating in the discussions.
                                  Mike

Comment

Hi all,

Was searching for solution to my Viewsonic VX2250MW as it couldn't power up & this site was like above the top 3. So, here I am.

Comment

Hi guys/gals,

my name is Darren, i'm an a huge gaming fan and have a pretty good PC. I used to play CS a lot and used an old monster of a CRT because i loved the 1600x1200 res.

Just recently i decided to use my sons cheap Bush 22" HDTV with HDMI and 1920x1080.

To cut a long story short the HDTV would never come out of standby if we ever managed to get a power cut, which we do a lot because we use a top up system for our electric and quite often it goes out.

So i came here for some help in trying to salvage it.

Will make a new thread/post in the TV section.

Thanks bye.

Comment

hello,I am from Bologna Italy.
                                        Just a hobbiest in this area,hope to find soem help and possibly give also.
                                        Bye

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Emie. I'm from Nor CA. I'm a girl, not a bot. I like computers, long walks on the beach and roll playing with my new imaginary phone that I hope Santa brings me this year, the Samsung Galaxy 6.
                                          Hope someone can help me with this dell before I smash it. Thanks and have a wonderful day......

Comment

Working...
                                          X