USB kicks in, but won't appear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB kicks in, but won't appear?

I have a 16GB USB memory stick which i can hear it kick in when i plug it in but doesnt show up on Computer, i see it in Disk Management under 'Removable (G: )' but it says 'No Media'.

Under 'Properties' it says 'This device is workin properly' but under 'Capacity, Unallocated space, & Reserved space' it says 0 MB, is this USB just really empty and useless or can it be solved to use?

and yes i tried updating driver and it says the driver's up to date.

Re: USB kicks in, but won't appear?

Probably the drive is dead. Try formatting it and try it out in another machine to make sure.
    Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Comment

Try it with a Linux system (a livecd will work fine), press Ctrl+Alt+F1 then Alt+PrintScreen+9, then plug it in and see that happens.

Comment

Have had the issue many times. Usually happens when ive tried to transfer some odball linux installer to usbdrive. Solution is to do as cheapie said, use a gparted live disk or similar and repartition it and windows will find it again.

Comment

Originally posted by digge View Post
          Solution is to do as cheapie said, use a gparted live disk or similar and repartition it and windows will find it again.
          That's not what I said... it's probably a good idea though.

Comment

yes its the same thing on another laptop, so i need to get a Linux disk to make it work? no other way?

Comment

Originally posted by cheapie View Post
              That's not what I said... it's probably a good idea though.
              Sorry for missreading what you wrote so badly. I probably read linux and then filled in the blanks myself

Comment

Working...
              X