Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding lost components

Hi all!

I've recently bought an ATI's ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card in a non functioning condition.

I powered it on and my computer also powers on, but no display. The guy who sold it to me told me it worked but only if no drivers were installed. But with me no image was even there.

Upon many times looking for faulty components I noticed some smd ones were missing right above the pcix connector

If I plug my diagnostics card and I can see from the codes, it tries to boot and resets about 5 or 6 times until it starts, but no image, of course.

I'm attaching a picture of area so that someone could be able to identify them to me and give me a possible solution.

Thank you all in advance.

F. Ameixoeiro
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ameixoeiro; 11-30-2014, 05:42 PM. Reason: missing info

Re: Help finding lost components

Those are a SMD capacitors judged by the markings C152, and C1.. and probably the lower smaller one, just find appropriately sized capacitors from another scrap board and solder them on. Although that might not be the only problem with the card but its a good place to start.
    Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Comment

Hi Koda,

thank you for answering..

I guess I'll try that.

Comment

You could try e-mailing the company of who ever makes the card such as Sapphire, Asus, Gigabyte, XFX, etc. Seeing how AMD doesn't directly make the Radeon cards, they wouldn't have the service manual or schematics. I've had varying degrees of success asking companies for such information. Some companies refuse to give me any information, some will give it away for free, some want money. Good luck.
        -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

I think that the smaller one should the 100uf. You can also test the ones across the rest of the pci-e connector, the smaller one should be very similar or maybe even the same.
          Keyboard not detected, press F1 to continue...

Comment

I found these, it might help a bit but I don't think they would cause the card not to work
            Attached Files
            Last edited by R_J; 12-17-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I want to thank you guys so much for all the help and sugestions!! I'll try all possible sugestions asap.

I'm waiting for a reballing stencil try to fix this vga card.

Sorry for my Engllish, it's not my native language.

Comment

Working...
              X