This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! I live in the UK and generally enjoy taking most things to bits and (hopefully) fixing them. Forums are a great way to share knowledge, and this one looks good!

Comment

Hello,
      I am an engineer in France, more focused in unified communication and networking.
      I often search for technical information to make reparation for myself and friends.
      This site look pretty good I'll take a little what happens.
      Obviously I do not speak English very well ... but i make effort.

Comment

Hi Guys,
        I'm new to the forum and really like all the knowledgeable posters here. I'm hoping to learn and contribute when I can!

Comment

Hi all,

Long time lurker who finally decided to join.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm an engineer designing all kinds of electronic hardware. There seems to be a lot of lore here, maybe I can learn and contribute some along the way.

Comment

hi guys just signed up, this one looks good

Comment

Hello everyone from Poland,
                i'm software developer (iOS, php), hope to learn how some electronic hardware working and fix them

Comment

Hello everyone, From the US, South Carolina.

Comment

Hello from Greece,

I enjoy repairing computers and i want to learn more on doing this

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello

My name is Benny from the Netherlands

Comment

I want to be somebody, and with your sites help, I will be!

Comment

Hello, i'm dlfrsilver, 38 years old, no kids but a woman in my life, working in the IT industry ;

Owner of many systems (computers or consoles), i love software preservation as well as hardware.

I'm the guy who saved from oblivion the game Snow Bros from Ocean software for Amiga, just to name a very famous one (well there are others, but i will stop here )

I love doing capacitors replacement on my hardware (PSUs, consoles, computers), in order to kept them alive.

Disoldering and soldering are a passion for me. I define myself as a trainee in this field.

I would love to discharge my old amiga and ST monitors in order to recap them, but i'm quite afraid of the VHT running in those.......

Maybe i will found a secure way to do that here ?

Comment

Hello everyone I am a computer technician with over 30 years experience in computer assembly. I always used new parts, without ever worrying if something did not work, by simply replacing the damaged parts with new parts. Now in retirement I started to have fun trying to repair the defective components, finding more satisfaction if I can repair rather than replace. Thank you all for the valuable advice that you will give me

Comment

Just a quick hello to everyone here. Im looking forward to getting to know everyone and helping when possible. I love tinkering with cars and other mechanical items

Comment

Hi !

I'm from Quebec, QC, Canada, and I am in the process of repairing my Samsung TV (LN40A530P1F) which is verrry slow to turn on: 14-15 minutes.

I have already replaced six capacitors without any changes.

I have watched several Youtube instructional videos and I have read a lot about this issue. I just discovered you site which contains many good advices.

I learn in a thread that somme capacitors are better than others... :-)
                                  I plan to replace them all again with the suggested ones.

Thank you for all the people sharing their knowledges and experiences.

Richard

Comment

Hello.. came upon this message board looking to fix my Panasonic tc-p50g25. I have a background in IT software engineering and a little bit of knowledge in electronics, so I'm hoping to find a solution to my bleeping blinking red light.

Comment

Morning campers!

I'm Nobby, I love trying to make things work, though I'm new to all this so am not yet that great at it

I wanted to go back to school this year to study it but cant get the funding for a second degree so have vowed to teach myself as much as possible, so the knowledge that is shared in this forum is invaluable to me.

There are some real smart cookies on here and one day i hope to have enough knowledge that i can share and help others.

Thanks for everything you've taught me so far and I look forward to getting involved in the community!

Comment

Hello everyone I am a computer technician from greece.Nice to meet you all!

Comment

Im Dan. I've been working on pc's and electronics for years. Im stuck on a problem and found really good post here so I decided to join.

Comment

Working...
                                          X