Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this seem like a gamma problem to you? Philips 42PFL3512D/12

Hello!

I have already fixed some TVs in the past years, but now I am planning to buy another faulty unit for cheap. However, checking the pictures that the seller made, I can't decide if it's a Gamma problem or not.

I'm open to learn new thingies, but I don't wanna waste too much money if it's not repairable.

The seller sent me the 3 attached pics.

What do you think?
    Attached Files

Re: Does this seem like a gamma problem to you? Philips 42PFL3512D/12

Looks like an AS15F IC issue to me ! That is located on the T-con

Comment

Originally posted by trunks81 View Post
      Looks like an AS15F IC issue to me ! That is located on the T-con
      Yes, I have fixed that kinda problems too recently, but this color distortion seemed a bit different from what I saw before. I wasn't sure.

But if more people agree on the AS15/AS19 chip, I will buy it and give it a try.

Comment

freeze the ic and see what happens

Comment

Well.. i have to buy the TV first and wait for it to arrive.
          If I buy it in the first place ofc.

I'm just not sure if that will be the problem, thats the reason I made this thread.

Comment

Is it worth an expensive transport for a very old tv? Yes it is surely gamma problem, as15 if i remember. I have fixed the as15 on the 37" version. I remeber that was not a good bargain because it had channel memorization problem that needed too much expensive Philips service update, and it had no LCN organization.
            Last edited by Davi.p; 10-02-2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              Is it worth an expensive transport for a very old tv? Yes it is surely gamma problem, as15 if i remember. I have fixed the as15 on the 37" version. I remeber that was not a good bargain because it had channel memorization problem that needed too much expensive Philips service update, and it had no LCN organization.
              Well, I am not buying it to use it, just to fix and then sell it. It's what I am doing nowadays to gain some extra money and practice before I get a job.

These kinda TVs in my country are listed (and sold) for ~$100 when working.
              The bad unit is sold for ~$30, and I have an AS15 chip at home.

So if I can make ~$70 profit, I am more than happy.

This is the same profit I usually make after fixing then selling LED TVs with bad backlight.

Anyways, I will most likely buy it, if you all say it seems to be a bad gamma chip, I have too much free time, and every penny profit is good.

Comment

But you told about.a shipping, that will cost too much i think.. and don't forget the extra problems it can have as per my previous post..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                  But you told about.a shipping, that will cost too much i think.. and don't forget the extra problems it can have as per my previous post..
                  Oh yes, I forgot to mention, that the shipping is free (counted in the price to be more exact).

The other problems can ofc be annoying, I will definitely think about it again tomorrow.

Comment

I would give it a shot, it looks like typical bad gamma chip, try freeze test as suggested. Philips are good tvs, I have one and it's every bit as good picture as a sony or sammy.

Comment

Working...
                    X