Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad LCD panel? Samsung LE37A556

Hello.

Today I got a TV. To be more precise, I bought some bad TVs to fix then resell. This one arrived today.

The seller only stated to have a negative color. Pictures were not attached of it tho.. this is where I f..d it up. I still bought it.

Well, the TV didn't even turn on. The LED just blinked. Taking it apart I noticed, that cables are cut, the TCON "shield" is gone, PSU is bent horribly, and the AS15 chip was missing from the TCON board...

Fast forward, I managed to fix most of the problems, put an AS15 on the TCON too, popped it in, turned on the TV, and finally it worked (kinda), but the picture was as you can see on the attached picture...

I understand, that the AS15 chip I used could be also bad, however, what could be those 2 vertical lines? Is it from the TCON? Or the LCD panel itself?

Because if it's not worth my time, I am just gonna try to sell the working parts from it..

Thanks in advance, Dominik.
    Attached Files

Re: Bad LCD panel? Samsung LE37A556

im not an expert but i would guess issue could be the bonded tabs on the lcd panel..i dont think vertical lines are tcon related

Comment

Wonder if it could be a slight mis-alignment, try carefully cleaning and reseating the tcon ribbon cables and lvds cable from tcon to mainboard. Some use isoprophl alcohol or a pencil eraser, be careful they are delicate.

Comment

I put this TV on hold, because I have 2 another LED TVs that I want to fix. After those are done, I will come back to this one.

However, I tried cleaning the LVDS and ribbon cables between the TCon and the panel. That didn't change anything.

But i am stubborn so I can not give up..

if nothing works out, im gonna try to fiddle around and check if a tab is bad.

Comment

my guess is the bonded tab is the issue in that area of the screen

Comment

Could be, hard to tell til you strip it down, inspect it, maybe put a little pressure on the tab, see if it changes any.

Comment

Yeah snd stripping down can be very time consuming and psin in butt...nowadays sometimes its just not worth it since used working lcd tvs have very little value...here in usa used 32inch lcd tvs may sell for 25-50$
              And a 50 in lcd may fetch 75$
              Last edited by shelby5041; 10-08-2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

oh, the prices really differ then. here, in hungary, a 32" tv mostly sold at $70-$100.

if i will have the mood, i will take a look at the tabs.. i just want to get back at least the price i paid for it.

that guy really scammed me

Comment

Oh, hell no, I wouldn't replace backlights on a 37 inch tv, unless I had a spot where only that size would work but never to try and sell.

Comment

Yeah usa is diff market...hell you can buy a brand new 32in lcd tv for 100 or less

Comment

Working...
                    X