Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50PA6500-UA Power board relay going insane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50PA6500-UA Power board relay going insane!

I have a plasma TV model # 50PA6500-UA that when the customer plugs it in, the screen flashes on and off and you can hear a relay on the power supply board continuously clicks on and off. I replaced the relay but the problem persisted. After further testing, I noticed that when the main board is disconnected from the power supply board the problem doesn't occur. Any tests or advice that could lead me to a conclusive board that I should replace would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-04-2020, 11:28 AM. Reason: Renamed thread title

Re: Power board relay going insane!

This is the relay we replaced
    Attached Files

Comment

here's a couple more pictures.
      Attached Files

Comment

the relay is doing whats its told . now you have to find why its behaving so . does the relay click once with main board removed ?

Comment

Unplug the tv. Unplug the ldvs ribbon from the mainboard to the control board and put a piece of wire in the holes marked auto ext on the control board. Plug the tv back in and check if you have test patterns on the screen.
          Attached Files

Comment

a long shot replace the blue cap in the middle next to the large transformer

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
              the relay is doing whats its told . now you have to find why its behaving so . does the relay click once with main board removed ?
              Yes it does click the once. it does not continue to click.

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
                Unplug the tv. Unplug the ldvs ribbon from the mainboard to the control board and put a piece of wire in the holes marked auto ext on the control board. Plug the tv back in and check if you have test patterns on the screen.
                We did the above test and got nothing. It wasn't until we unplugged the main board from the power supply with the rest of the test parameters that the test patterns started. Is it possible that the main board it telling the power supply to turn on and off repeatedly?

Comment

If the tv stays on and goes through the test patterns the mainboard is bad (BGA chip).

Comment

If the tv stays on and goes through the test patterns the mainboard is bad (BGA chip).
                    Thanks homie. I appreciate ya.

Comment

Bought a new main logic and control board. no help. what's next.

Comment

Do post #6. They had a lot of bad blue caps at that location. fixed a few PA series with that problem back in 2015...

See https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=38197&page=3
                        Last edited by jjanssen7; 11-03-2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X