Toshiba 32SL738G - No sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 32SL738G - No sound

Hello, I have this Toshiba 32SL738G which has a problem with sound.
    I have picture but the sound doesn't work. Where could the fault be?

Main Board: 715g4357-m01-000-005b

Re: Toshiba 32SL738G - No sound

See if you have a 3.5 input on the tv for plugging in headphones or something like pc speakers, see if that jack is working, sometimes a little trick where they plug and unplug something into that jack, gets the speakers working again, most likely your audio chip went bad tho, unless tv somehow is set on external speaker or sum such.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      See if you have a 3.5 input on the tv for plugging in headphones or something like pc speakers, see if that jack is working, sometimes a little trick where they plug and unplug something into that jack, gets the speakers working again, most likely your audio chip went bad tho, unless tv somehow is set on external speaker or sum such.
      I plugged in headphones to see if I had sound and I indeed had. I unplugged the headphones and the TV has sound now. So that was it? What was the problem?

Comment

I think it resets it.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWolfHellas View Post
          I plugged in headphones to see if I had sound and I indeed had. I unplugged the headphones and the TV has sound now. So that was it? What was the problem?
          It could have been dirty contacts in the headphone detect switch in the jack itself, simply plugging in the headphones cleaned the switch contacts, for now.

Comment

^ Yes, that's what I meant to say.

Comment

Working...
            X