Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop asus rog gl702vm not charging

Hello

The laptop works fine but it is not charging except for few seconds after unplug replug or after going alive from sleep/hybernation. I suspect the IC charger which is SN2867RUYR . My first Q is ig BQ24780S is a direct replacement since I could not find datasheet for the SN ic vharger chip. My second Q would be laptop works fine from Ac adapter and fromn Battery (not yet depleted) . Also switch ok from battery to plug19v and viceversa how probably would it be that the IC charger is the culprit? Thanks in advance.
    Marcelo J

Re: Laptop asus rog gl702vm not charging

As per some russian sites, SN2867RUYR=BQ24780S but i've never tested it myself. You need to take measurements on all pins of charger ic to understand what is wrong. Btw, ACDRV pin voltage is how much??Check ACDET,ACOK,Pmon pins.

Comment

I have a similar issue(but more destroyed) with a Asus X541UV that has the same SN2867RUYR and i just checked the pinout in boardview (no schematic for the X541UV) and the pins and position match exactly the BQ24780S(checking the datasheet).

now i'll have to find that chip and replace it in my board to test

Comment

thanks to all!! ok mastsrl i will wait how it goes then!!! thanks for sharing any results of that IC exchange.
        Marcelo J

Comment

Working...
        X