Weird Screen Failure Samsung UN55KU6300F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Screen Failure Samsung UN55KU6300F

Just posting this out of curiosity of who else has seen similar failures on this or other similar models. I picked this up yesterday and was told by the owner that they were watching the TV one evening. Zero issues. Next morning it looked like the attached. The spot is almost a perfect circle and there is no visible impact damage. She said that it was not hit with anything and there were no kids in the house. I personally haven't seen a failure quite like this.
    Attached Files

Re: Weird Screen Failure Samsung UN55KU6300F

I've seen this before but I can't tell you why/how it happened, sorry.

Comment

looks like a cap from the led backlight has stuck to the diffusers
      I cant see how it could be a screen fault

Comment

The fault is with the lcd panel itself, there are video's showing a way to remove this by using a q-tip and working the black circle to the edge of the panel. Here is one video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_sn6yU5tao
        There are other video's, just search "black circle on lcd panel"
        I have not tried this myself as I don't have not had a panel with this problem
        Last edited by R_J; 10-14-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

interesting this black circle.. but why at the video and OP photo happened only at top end of the panel ??? we saw some dirt or insect spots before... i would take out the panel and take close look from behind first before . start with this massage

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            The fault is with the lcd panel itself, there are video's showing a way to remove this by using a q-tip and working the black circle to the edge of the panel. Here is one video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_sn6yU5tao
            There are other video's, just search "black circle on lcd panel"
            I have not tried this myself as I don't have not had a panel with this problem
            I worked at it for a while and was able to get some of the pixels to clear up but no where near the success the person in the video was having. It did at least prove to me that the spot was not a crack. The change in pressure caused the spot to shift as I was working on it. Very strange indeed.

Comment

It may take some time to get rid of the spot, Not much of an option other than replacing the lcd.

Comment

Working...
              X