3 Dell Optiplex GX270 having the same problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Dell Optiplex GX270 having the same problem

Hello all .. i have a problem with 3 optiplex gx270. All 3 have 12 bad capacitors. 1 of them was repaired in a service from a big town near me, 1 of them was repaired by a friend who is working in electronic field from over 30 years, and 1 of them is still unrepaired. The problem is that the 2 pices that the bad capacitors were replaced from, are not starting. I have a orange led in the power button and this is all i get .. no start, nothing. The power supply was tested and working ok. And what is disturbing is that the capacitor were changed in 2 different places. Any of you have any clue about this problem ?

Re: 3 Dell Optiplex GX270 having the same problem

Assuming that the capacitor repair job is good, are you sure the power supplies are working? Orange power light can indicate power supply problems. Unhook everything from the power supply except the motherboard and see if that helps.

I've also seen the orange light from the CPU getting unseated after shipping. Re-seat the CPU and RAM.

If neither of those resolve it, then suspect the repairs.

Comment

you mean you push the button and nothing happens? #1 suspect is the psu.
      for a test use a known good one from a regular pc.or another 270.
      #2 is a bad southbridge.look for cracks,burns,or it running too hot to touch.

Comment

Also try resetting the BIOS, and pushing and holding the power button for at least 10 seconds.
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Ok, i have tryed all the solutions given, nothing works. Tha mainboard LED and the button one are orange. I have changed the PSU, the result is the same, i have replaced the CPU and the RAM with another ones with no succes. But the strange thing i have noticed is that, if i don't connect the 4 wires cable on the mainboard, and only the big one, when i connect the PSU to the electric cable it starts without doing nothing. When the 4 wire connector is attached to the mainboard, no sign of life. Any ideeas ?

Comment

short in vrm?
            after a cmos clear the board should power up then shut off on its own.then start and post.

Comment

Thanks all for helping .. I have solved the problem. I am not an expert in reparing, so I thought that the guys that changed the caps on the 2 motherboards knew what they were doing .. But i decided to take a look at the computers before dispatching them. So i noticed that the did mistakes while changing the caps, they did not changed all, or reversed the polarity. In the end I fixed them, all 3 and they are working properly .
              Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X