Sony VPCSB (MBX-237) dead after bios flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony VPCSB (MBX-237) dead after bios flash

Glad to help. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fix mine, I replaced the charger IC but due to inexperience I think I might have shorted it somewhere when I soldered it. Now it sparks in a few places.. Even after i re-soldered it right.
    Anyway, out of curiosity, can you please identify that fuse on a photo? Even though I probably can't fix this board now, I'm curious to see if the same occurs in mine. It might help me in future repairs.

Thanks.
    Galaxy S6 Edge x2 (Gold&White)
    Asus GL552VW-i7 6700HQ|GTX 960M|15.6"FHD|16GB DDR4|512GB M.2 SSD+1TB SSD
    Clevo W230SD - i7 4710MQ|GTX960M|13"QHD+|16GB DDR3L|500GB+256GB mSATA SSD+1TB HDD

Try Harder!

Comment

Nevermind, after reading your reply in my own thread, I was able to identify F1 near CN5 and it's also open.

Thanks again.
      Galaxy S6 Edge x2 (Gold&White)
      Asus GL552VW-i7 6700HQ|GTX 960M|15.6"FHD|16GB DDR4|512GB M.2 SSD+1TB SSD
      Clevo W230SD - i7 4710MQ|GTX960M|13"QHD+|16GB DDR3L|500GB+256GB mSATA SSD+1TB HDD

Try Harder!

Comment

Why would F1 be open?
        I have the same issue with mine.
        I have replaced the 3x 10uf capacitors, since it seems like a common issue.
        Sometimes, I manage to turn it on, but nothing can be seen on the screen, but most of the time, the green led blinks for a half of second and nothing else happens.
        I can measure 5V and 3.3V at some coils, but no other voltages, like 1.8V, 1V, etc.
        Small connector(CN4) from docking board has 19V at all pins and the bigger one(CN5) has 19V at the first pin, 0V on the rest of the pins.
        What should be the next step, the SN IC?
        Any help would be appreciated. I'm a total beginner, but I have all the tools and instruments that is needed, even a scope. Most of the time I repair LCD TVs and home theater receivers.

Found dry thermal compound.
        Last edited by tibimakai; 06-26-2015, 12:01 AM.

Comment

I have the same mobo and have folowing issues

Keyboard backlit doesnt work
          Sound does not work it work only on with the hdmi output
          Led lights by the power button not working

Laptop does power on normally but only with one disconnected cable that power the led light in the front

I checked some fuses on motherboard for consistency and for some there is no sound so no consistency..I am wondering if i can just bridge instead of replacing the fuses?

I will post also a photo with marked fuses that are faulty.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Sure you could bridge them, but if there's a reason why they got blown, you'd damage more instead of repairing it.
            The fuse costs only a few cents. I'm wainting for your picture and let you know the value then.
            But I doubt this one fuse will fix all your problems. Sounds more like one (or both) of the big ribbon cables between mainboard and keyboard are not well connected.

Comment

i've got a problem with this board too.

But mine seems to be very different, Usually the sn chip would eithr not get power from the charger ic or some sort of shot on it's output.

Mine is different it's missing the enable signal, from the schematic that signal is generated by the kyboard controller but i don't see what could stop it from generating it

Comment

Originally posted by orientalsniper View Post
                Thank you! I fixed mine thanks to your schematic, the power IC wasn't receiving any power in pin 6 (VIN) so I checked the power board and a fuse was open, I replaced it with a 0 ohm resistor and it works now.
                Which part of the circuit had a problem?

Comment

Working...
                X