Acer AL1916W LCD Monitor Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer AL1916W LCD Monitor Power Problem

I got Acer al1916w LCD monitor when i give supply only yellow color light up and nothing. back light off no logo is coming only yellow power light is on.
    Silence Like Dreams

Re: Acer AL1916W LCD Monitor Power Problem

Acer monitors are notorious for using several different power supplies.
    There is no way anyone can make suggestions without seeing yours.
    Please include some photos of top and bottom of all boards, using the managed attachments feature you will have to resize to a maximum of 2000x2000 pixels Try to get as clear and detailed photo as you can.
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
      Acer monitors are notorious for using several different power supplies.
      There is no way anyone can make suggestions without seeing yours.
      Please include some photos of top and bottom of all boards, using the managed attachments feature you will have to resize to a maximum of 2000x2000 pixels Try to get as clear and detailed photo as you can.
      I agree. Most likely a 700G(900G in this case) style PSU/Inverter board on the inside. Most of the time there are cap problems only.Follow Alexanna's suggestion (and PlainBill's instructions) and post pics of your boards.
      There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
      • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
      • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
      • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
      • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • GeForce GT1050
        2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Hi here are the pics of power and graphics card boards from back and frond side.
        Attached Files
        Silence Like Dreams

Comment

Originally posted by incradibles View Post
          Hi here are the pics of power and graphics card boards from back and frond side.
          Never seen this one before!
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050
            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

U106 looks weird on pins 1 and 4, and there's a black blob above it.

Comment

1) If you hookup a working computer to the Acer displaying your favourite wallpaper, can you see it if you shine a flashlight on the lcd?

2) Check the voltage regulators on the logic board. They are U101 and U102.

3) When you press the on/off button, what is the voltage on pin 4 on the connector between the power and logic board? Does it change when you presse the on/off button?
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by jsog View Post
                U106 looks weird on pins 1 and 4, and there's a black blob above it.
                Red herring. U106 contains the firmware. The mark the ICs with colored paint to identify what firmware is on them.

PlainBill
                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by incradibles View Post
                  I got Acer al1916w LCD monitor when i give supply only yellow color light up and nothing. back light off no logo is coming only yellow power light is on.
                  Hello,
                  I have the same power board and I am having a hard time getting the schematic for it, I was hoping that you would be kind enough to send the part number information that is stamped on top of IC802.

Thanks

Comment

i have the same monitor and same problem...
                    orange led only, when plug to the outlet its stays orange light.
                    i cant turn on and off even i press the power button.

Comment

Working...
                    X