Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung 930b LCD cold start problem (inverter?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 930b LCD cold start problem (inverter?)

Originally posted by rico_st View Post
    Ok!
    I conected videoboard and power board (without lamps and panel) video cable to pc and turn on pc and monitor and measured On/Off 2.37v, A-Dim 0.01v.
    Is that ok?
    It would be a good idea to see if the BL on/off voltage is making its way down to the backlight controller, and it is the correct voltage.
    Can you read a number on the 16 pin back light controller?
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
      It would be a good idea to see if the BL on/off voltage is making its way down to the backlight controller, and it is the correct voltage.
      Can you read a number on the 16 pin back light controller?
      Hi!
      Im not very good in electronic to track it to the controller.
      Not shure but i think writes something like BIT31956 FMF17 60511

Comment

Hi!
        Im not very good in electronic to track it to the controller.
        Not shure but i think writes something like BIT31956 FMF17 60511
        I am unable to find a data sheet on the controller; if a data sheet could be located it should be very easy.
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
          I am unable to find a data sheet on the controller; if a data sheet could be located it should be very easy.
          I believe that's a BIT3195 or BIT3195G.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
            I believe that's a BIT3195 or BIT3195G.

PlainBill
            It is BIT3195G

Comment

It is BIT3195G
              Thanks for the confirmation. About the only way to get the pinout is to find a schematic of a monitor that uses one. There are service manuals for various Samsung monitors on Elektrotanya.

PlainBill
              Last edited by PlainBill; 06-12-2011, 07:05 AM.
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

this thread saved my monitor also, I would like to thank you for this nice explanation to a commen problem, I have never soldered before but I could easily do it because of this thread, thanks for keeping it alive!
                Last edited by DragonfisT; 07-21-2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I had a similar problem with my Samsung 930B as well. Before doing any work neither the lcd or the backlight was working. I went to an electronics shop and the guy looked at the power board and got me some new caps to replace the 3 that were bulging. I didn't check that they exactly matched the old ones.

After soldering them on though, I noticed that the voltage was not the same on the new ones (old caps 820 mcf/25V, new 820 mcf/16V). However now the LCD works but the backlight still does not. Anyone have any ideas? Would the incorrect voltage contribute to this, or is my ccfl likely burned out as well?

Attached are pictures from after the 3 caps were replaced. The new caps are the 3 green/gold ones.

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/...amsung%20930B/

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by yerbamate View Post
                    I had a similar problem with my Samsung 930B as well. Before doing any work neither the lcd or the backlight was working. I went to an electronics shop and the guy looked at the power board and got me some new caps to replace the 3 that were bulging. I didn't check that they exactly matched the old ones.

After soldering them on though, I noticed that the voltage was not the same on the new ones (old caps 820 mcf/25V, new 820 mcf/16V). However now the LCD works but the backlight still does not. Anyone have any ideas? Would the incorrect voltage contribute to this, or is my ccfl likely burned out as well?

Attached are pictures from after the 3 caps were replaced. The new caps are the 3 green/gold ones.

For a number of reasons, many people here will not attempt to view pictures hosted offsite. Attach them using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area.

Going down in voltage is always a bad idea. I figure that the guys who designed it didn't want to spend a dime more than necessary and the particular voltage was chosen for a reason.

Generally, results buying caps form a 'brick and mortar' store yields very poor results. In most cases the staff has no concept of the importance of using low ESR caps, and take more interest in collecting payment than filling the customers needs.

PlainBill

Comment

Originally posted by yerbamate View Post

I believe the outputs for this power supply is both 5V and 13V (it probabaly stamped on the board itself). However, the 13V is not a regulated output and can go as high as 16-18V. Therefore, using 16V caps is not a good thing because they will heat up quickly and dry out. As for the backlight, on some of these boards, a fuse F301 was used for the inverter section. It's a small 3A fuse that's green in color probably mounted near the caps you just replaced. It may be covered by white glue. Check to see if it's open.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                        As for the backlight, on some of these boards, a fuse F301 was used for the inverter section. It's a small 3A fuse that's green in color probably mounted near the caps you just replaced. It may be covered by white glue. Check to see if it's open.
                        Exactly. Check that one, as it tends to go out often, at least in the units I've seen...
                        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                        • Windows 10 Pro x64
                        • GeForce GT1050
                          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Ok thanks all for the feedback. I knew the incorrect voltage caps were not a good idea, but I figured it was mostly for the reason that they would burn out very quickly as opposed to not working at all. If I can get this working, I will absolutely change them. I will check again for the fuse, I tried to look in that area but could not see the code f301, however that section had a lot of glue on it, so I'll look closer. Thanks again for the responses.

Comment

Got to repair a 930bf a few days ago. Symptoms upon turning it on were no reaction but the rapidly blinking led as well. Changing all caps on the power board, except the big one, fixed it. They looked as good as new. Has been working ever since. Thanks again badcaps forum!

Comment

Okay So I am a newbie. I have a samsung 930b. I get the rapid blinking power LED no button functions. I have done some testing and I am in a cross roads as to what I should do next. If I disconnect the video cable to the monitor I gain control of the buttons. The backlights come on and the screen is white. I know it's no suprise with the white but here is what has me dumbfounded when the cable for the screen is connected the I get just the blinking LED. Any help would be appreciated and I will get some pictures of the boards. Thank you for all the Help in Advance..

Comment

Okay so I got the pictures. I hope to get this fixxed nothing like a free 19" monitor. Well my picture upload Failed.

Comment

Well bright side is I am still mentally challanged. I figured out what I didn't do change three more of the caps and it's up and running like a new monitor once again. Thank you every one for all the great knowledge on this thread and on this forum..

Comment

Originally posted by gypsy View Post
                                    That fixed it! Bright as daylight and stable too. I reclaimed a $250 piece of hardware, thank you so much for the detailed advice and taking the time to look at my board =)

What part did you change? i have same problem please help...

Regards from Slovenia

Comment

Originally posted by nesmrten View Post
                                      What part did you change? i have same problem please help...

Regards from Slovenia
                                      The inverter fuse. See about step 24 or 25 and follow the same steps.

PlainBill

Comment

I just wanted to post a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has posted on this forum. With the advice of gdement I replaced the bad caps of my Samsung 930b and it now works flawlessly! Here's the BOM from mouser.com. You guys rock!

X1
                                        Mfr. #: UVY2W101MHD
                                        Desc.: Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded 450volts 100uF 18x40 20% .5LS

X1
                                        Mfr. #: EKY-250ELL470ME11D
                                        Desc.: Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded 25volts 47uF 5X11

X1
                                        Mfr. #: ESW477M025AH2AA
                                        Desc.: Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded 25volts 470uF 20%

X2
                                        Mfr. #: EKMG250ETD102MJ20S
                                        Desc.: Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded 25volts 1000uF 10X20

X2
                                        Mfr. #: EKZE160ETD102MJ20S
                                        Desc.: Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded 16volts 1000uF 10X20

Total Cost was $11.82

Comment

Bad caps are still plaguing things in 2013, I have the same Samsung 930b, same problem....
                                          Did they really think he would give them the entire formula??? :/

Comment

Working...
                                          X