X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viewsonic VP211b

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
    Butter knifes.
    Tried that. Next day the toast tasted funny.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

They are supposed to be in the tool box.
      I suppose if you mix your tools and utensils like that you could use the putty knife in the kitchen drawer to spread things on toast.
      It's probably a better tool for that anyway.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
        They are supposed to be in the tool box.
        I suppose if you mix your tools and utensils like that you could use the putty knife in the kitchen drawer to spread things on toast.
        It's probably a better tool for that anyway.
        My shop teacher always insisted we use the proper tool for the job. Butter knives are used to spread butter, putty knives to apply putty. Every time I get out the guitar picks I check over my shoulder to make sure he isn't watching.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

And dissecting picks are for dissecting and guitar picks are for picking guitar strings.
          The proper tool for a job isn't in it's name it's in what it does.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

We use old toothbrushes and Q-Tips for removing rosin from boards after soldering. And I read one enterprising member on this forum use a heated screwdriver as a soldering iron! I'm waiting for someone to pull a "Macgyver" and make a ESR meter out of a paperclip and 9V battery.

Comment

Heated screwdriver, I like it! When removing bad caps before, my iron was too fat for some of the job, so I got a thick sewing needle in some pliers and heated it up with a little propane torch, worked a treat

Comment

I had to bore a couple of holes in a PCB once and the ship was short on drills.
                Couldn't get my hands on one for days. Waiting list.
                I made a bow drill in the fashion of a fire starting kit [pic below] and used that to spin the bit.
                Took a while, but not as long as the waiting for a drill.

-

- Dr Seuss
                -
                -

Comment

My VP211b produces a black screen upon powering up. The green power light comes on and after 30 seconds the green light switches to orange "power save mode". Note, I cannot access the OSD. I have recapped the power supply thinking that was the issue. But monitor responses they same way it did proir to the recap.
                  Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Comment

Do you have a signal going to the monitor?
                    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

First, let me correct my original post. Prior to recapping the power supply the VP211b responding as follows: Black Screen, No OSD, Power light green then switches to orange. After recapping: Black Screen, No OSD, green power light steady and no longer switching to orange. Note, power light stays green on one of the signals when I switch to the second signal input option "via toggle switch" the light turns orange.

Comment

I do have the monitor connected to a computer so I think I have a signal going to the monitor. However, I have not verified the cable nor established the monitor in XP's system data.

Comment

Originally posted by assetrecycle View Post
                          First, let me correct my original post. Prior to recapping the power supply the VP211b responding as follows: Black Screen, No OSD, Power light green then switches to orange. After recapping: Black Screen, No OSD, green power light steady and no longer switching to orange. Note, power light stays green on one of the signals when I switch to the second signal input option "via toggle switch" the light turns orange.
                          Set the switch to where you get a steady green light indicating is good signal.
                          It may be difficult to see, but with a light shined on the LCD can you see an image?
                          Eventually you are going to need to provide photos of your power supply, and possibly the signal card and inverter if it is separate.
                          The members that try to help with LCD problems prefer that you would use the Managed attachments feature when you provide photos. A straight down shot without a flash, so the writing on the board is readable is best.
                          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by assetrecycle View Post
                            My VP211b produces a black screen upon powering up. The green power light comes on and after 30 seconds the green light switches to orange "power save mode". Note, I cannot access the OSD. I have recapped the power supply thinking that was the issue. But monitor responses they same way it did proir to the recap.
                            Any ideas as to what the problem may be?
                            Been there, done that, never got the tee-shirt. Inverter power is routed through the signal card. The inverter has two (three?) fuses. If either is open, the backlights never come on.

I used a bench supply to power up the side with the blown fuse and verify it worked properly. Another option would be to hook an 1157 automotive light bulb across the open fuse. Of course, there is always the possibility of another problem.

PlainBill

Comment

just got my hands in one of those units, and the problem ended up being the logic board (besides the recap). I have some parts for those units, so I just swapped it and that was it. I will find time to troubleshoot the logic board in the future, but for now, that was the solution...
                              There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                              • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                              • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                              • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                              • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                              • Windows 10 Pro x64
                              • GeForce GT1050
                                2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Hey Bill.....

I am playing with one of these right now and the fuses on the inverter are toasted...... What size are they? Do you or anyone know?

Keith

Comment

Is there a letter on them, or a warning to 'Replace only with x Amp fuse'?

PlainBill

Comment

Working...
                                  X