Syncmaster 740N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncmaster 740N

Instead of bumping old thread, I thought of creating a new one as per experience from other forums where I was told I must not bump old threads but create a new one for my question.

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 740n for repair today. There were 3 bad caps 820uf 25v. Capacitors with that value are not available here in the local market. Can I use 1000uf 25v instead?
    Also as per what I read in a thread about this problem, I found the green fuse also dead. Do I have to check anything further, or shall I just replace the fuse and it should be ok?
    Can I use a thin copper wire on the rear side of the board for the fuse or do I have hunt for the similar one which was there earlier?

Thanks
    Last edited by n1kstr3r; 12-29-2015, 08:45 AM. Reason: forgot to add

Re: Syncmaster 740N

Posting on an already existing thread is OK, as it will serve as reference for other people looking to solve similar problems on the same unit - in fact, your question may have already been answered.

That being said, I would advise you against replacing the fuse with a copper wire - the fuse is there for a reason, and it also blew for a reason. If you bypass it and something else is bad, instead of blowing the fuse again, you will damage something else on the board. Not good.

As for your issue of caps not being available in your local market, this is the case with pretty much every one - you will have to get replacement caps with the same (or better) specs than the ones you intend on replacing. That will take care of the issue of replacing an 820uf with a 1000uf cap - something I would personally not do.

re-read the 740 post and you will most likely find the specs of the caps you need, and most likely you will also find you should replace all the caps and not only the bulged ones, now that the unit has been taken apart.

E
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Re: Syncmaster 740N

Hey thanks for replying.
      sorry for such a late reply. I managed to get the same capacitors from a friend who had a same model with a dead screen. And replaced the fuse with a similar one. Its working fine now.

Comment

Working...
      X