Dell Latitude 5490 (LA-F401P) Liquid Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Latitude 5490 (LA-F401P) Liquid Damage

I have Dell Latitude 5490 that got liquid damaged.

when pressing the power button the led lights up for 3 secs then powers off. The fans not spinning.

I have attached a picture with some voltage measurements.

I can't find any schematics for this board.

-----------------
    DDM70 LA-F401P
    Rev: 2.0 (A01)
    2018-05-03
    -----------------

thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Re: Dell Latitude 5490 (LA-F401P) Liquid Damage

Probably there is a short somewhere, the schematic is not avalaible .
    If the liquid is not under a bga it's possible to solve the issue, check with
    magnifier every component, I do not recommend powering the card before being sure that you have searched for any oxydation.
    often, small components such as resistors may seem ok but with strong magnification we see that they need to be replaced
    Last edited by jasko_jacker; 08-04-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Hi,do you solve this problem,i have the same issue with this board,please if you have find where is the problem please share!
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-18-2021, 03:51 PM. Reason: Removed full OP quote

Comment

Originally posted by datodati962@gmail.com View Post
        Hi,do you solve this problem,i have the same issue with this board,please if you have find where is the problem please share!
        schematic and boardview - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78328
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi guys, did you solve the problem?, i have the same issue too with this board after about 3 or 4 sec and it turns off , i've tested almost every component using a boardview et schematic but no luck to locate the problem exactly please guys share if you've solved it

Comment

Working...
          X