some help to identify a component, on a Zotac 1060 Mini 6gb graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some help to identify a component, on a Zotac 1060 Mini 6gb graphics card

some help identifying a component, on a Zotac 1060 Mini 6gb graphics card, thank you in advance, component that is interrupting the 12v that powers the 5v regulator
    Attached Files

Re: some help to identify a component, on a Zotac 1060 Mini 6gb graphics card

Are there any numbers on it? How does it check with a meter? it might be a double diode in single package, Did you check the fuse F501 (E)
    Last edited by R_J; 02-17-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

thanks for answering, even with a microscope you can hardly see two letters (rd) at least it seems, and the 12v reaches the + sign

Comment

I've been trying to find it based on what I said and I found an RD schottky diode (nsr0320mw2t1), this must be it, what do you think?

Comment

That is only a single SOD-323 diode, this package is closer to a SOT-143

Comment

hello, the diode? it only has two legs, see the photo I'm going to send I think it looks better
            Attached Files

Comment

@victor-r
              What makes you think the component is faulty? You say it interrupts the 12V supply, but you also say 12V reaches the + end? What voltage is on the other end?

FR makes me think like Fast rectifier = Schottky but if there is 12V on the + end and 0V on the other end (and the other end is connected to ground) then it seems likely it is one or two zener diodes in a four pin package
              Follow me on YouTube
              ------------------
              Learn Electronics Repair
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Originally posted by victor-r View Post
                hello, the diode? it only has two legs, see the photo I’m going to send I think it looks better
                In the first picture it looked like a 4 pin (my mistake) . Now that I look closer it's likely a TVS diode. If it checks ok, it is not likely your problem. If the + side has 12v and the other side connects to ground it is likely a TVS diode.
                Are you sure it is RD and not BD
                If it is BD it could be P4SMAJ12 (12v)
                Rd would be P4SMAJ54 (54v)
                Last edited by R_J; 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

no is RD
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by victor-r View Post
                    no is RD
                    What is wrong with it???

Comment

@victor-r
                      Yeah I also wondered that. If this has 12V on the ++ end and 0V (ground) on the other end then it is most likely a TVS diode like R__J says (almost the same as a Zener as I thought) so you could just remove it (for now) and the graphics card would still work

If you really want to be sure it is OK, remove it from the graphics card, connect a resistor (a couple hundred ohms, it does not really matter) in series with it, put your volt meter across it and connect it to your bench PSU like this,
                      0v and meter negative ---->!---meter positive--/\/\/\---PSU positive where...

--->!-- is the diode ---/\/\/\-- the resistor, for the sake of argument use a 270R

Now slowly increase your PSU voltage and read the meter reading. If it is a zener or TVS then your voltmeter will read the same voltage as you PSU output, then at some point as you increase the PSU voltage it will suddenly read zero

At whatever voltage that happens, is the rating of the zener/TVS diode
                      Last edited by dicky96; 02-21-2021, 05:21 PM.
                      Follow me on YouTube
                      ------------------
                      Learn Electronics Repair
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

thanks to everyone who is helping me, i will try to inject voltage with little current, without schematic just like that and check if it works, soon after i will see how to replace

Comment

Good day, this doesn't answer your question.

I presume you have your answer anyway.

Well I'm new here (how does one make threads like this?), with a similar problem. I have attached photos.

I am missing a resistor after it got knocked off and flung onto my floor😣😭😭

The resistor is near the Q526 IC (6 pin), top side PCB. To avoid the same problem an in circuit resistance will be fine I guess.

Thanks and much appreciated.

More off topic, does this forum allow posts of untested, non circulating bios ROMs? i.e. salvaged from DOA motherboards
                          Attached Files

Comment

i wanted to thank again
                            the graphic card , is working after the replacement of the diode

Comment

Working...
                            X