Identify Diode Canon EOS M50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify Diode Canon EOS M50

This picture is of a Canon EOS M50 camera logic board which isn't powering on.

It gets 5v from the micro USB charger but no voltage after the diode or any nearby components.

The battery connector is the 3 pins on the right edge of the board and also has 0v on all pins

Am I correct in thinking that if there is 0v on the 3 pins at the bottom of the diode then there is a problem with the diode?

If I were to replace the diode, would anyone know how to identify it for me?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-02-2021, 09:17 AM. Reason: Added model to thread title

Re: Identify Diode Canon EOS M50

Well,firstly ,I would be almost absolutely certain it isn't a diode.

Comment

I believe that is a diode.

I believe the R050 DZ8N is a fuse. That is most likely the problem. What is it reading resistance wise? Plug in the numbers and do some digging. I have repaired a number of Canon and Nikon DSLRs with a single bad fuse in the power circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kg74 View Post
        I believe that is a diode.

I believe the R050 DZ8N is a fuse. That is most likely the problem. What is it reading resistance wise? Plug in the numbers and do some digging. I have repaired a number of Canon and Nikon DSLRs with a single bad fuse in the power circuit.
        Thanks Kg74. R050 DZ8N reads 3.7 ohms

Comment

https://html.alldatasheet.com/html-p...4/1/EMD62.html

Does this help?

You should post some better pictures, including the front and back of the board.

I have searched for sometime on the RO50 DZ8N - appears to come up as a resistor - maybe the DZ8N is some further specifications. If so then it should be .05 ohms.

Comment

Its a TOKO marking code i think, with that wide band.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Man I am not happy. I spent an hour working on my message and was timed out.

Summary - I think it is a regulator of some type.

I think there are three pins, one in the middle from the trace going down.

Does the camera charge through the camera or does it have a separate charger? What is the problem with the camera? What happens when you supply power to the battery connector direct?

I think you would be best served moving this to the power supply forum if the circuit is for charging which is what it looks like. The 5V in has to be brought down to about 3.7 to charge the battery.

Comment

Working...
              X