Samsung Ue55ju6800kxxu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Ue55ju6800kxxu

Hello all,I would like some advice,I have the above TV set,the screen is black with sound,I can see the image with a hand torch.

Now I want look at the backlights,Which looking online are expensive,no doubt wil need the whole set.

Right what is the best way to remove the glass panel without breakage,suction cups ? Will they break the screen or is there another way ? Assemble upside down ? Help please.

Re: Samsung Ue55ju6800kxxu

Tutorial there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg2bNnqvwDk
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-08-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Hi all are the backlights universal ? in other 55 inch samsung tvs.

Comment

Originally posted by LEEDASH View Post
        Hi all are the backlights universal ? in other 55 inch samsung tvs.
        The LEDs yes, but the strips they are mounted to are usually just for that model TV.

V5DR_550SCA_R0 and V5DR_550SCB_R0 are the two part numbers for your strips.

Comment

How many strips do i need ? of each part number

Comment

How many strips do i need ? of each part number
            9 of each https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000924520650.html

Comment

Can these be in other Samsung televisions if can find a donor set local to me can cut the cost,I’ve seen uE43MU6100k which lights up but smashed lcd,can anyone advise ?

Comment

Or UE48J6300AK

Comment

43" strips are not going to fit a 55". The only ones suitable are from any UE55JU68xx TV.
                  A complete new set for £42 delivered, I'd take a set of those over replacing individual failed LEDs.

Comment

Dont know if trust that web page tbh,abroad orders,dont custom fees apply

Comment

Dont know if trust that web page tbh,abroad orders,dont custom fees apply
                      It depends on the value they declare, there might be a bit extra to pay (maybe £15). It's still far cheaper than buying a set from the UK.
                      Aliexpress is like ebay but cheaper and with a longer wait of between 2 weeks and 3 months. There is also buyer protection.

Comment

sod it im going get a led tester i may not need the whole lot may be a few out,So I assume if one or two led on a row are out then the whole lot will be ?

Comment

sod it im going get a led tester i may not need the whole lot may be a few out,So I assume if one or two led on a row are out then the whole lot will be ?
                          No, it can be just individual LEDs out on a strip. Sometimes I replace just individual LEDs but on some sets i wish I hadn't bothered as I takes to long, especially aligning the lenses correctly on some sets.

Although the rest haven't failed they will all have had the same hard life and you might end up having to replace some again within a short time.

Comment

Typical LED tester will only put out 30mA instead of hundreds of mA for true test, so the LED may light fine at 30mA but will fail at operating current which is 150mA and higher.
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

So basically the whole lot has to be changed and the strips are only for this brand and size of Samsung,no other Samsung 55 JU Range

Comment

I've only ever changed out individual LEDs except for side lit strips I can't seem to replace those without making a complete mess of the strip...

The last fix I did was a 65" LG. The very next day another led burnt out so I had to do the whole thing over again. First time that's ever happened to me. Then I did a current mod and all good so far.

When people say it's best to replace all the strips with new ones I would agree that might be the best practice except that you are not likely to find NEW strips even though the guy on eBay claims they came from a new TV with a broken screen. In reality those strips could have been abused and on the verge of failing. I bought hundreds of individual LEDs from China for a few dollars and I'm happy to take my chances with those.

Just remember to turn the current down after the operation.

Comment

Looks like UN, UA and UE will work, probably need them to be from 55 inch screen to work if you're doing the whole strip ie.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-12-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

nomoresonys is this a definite,100% if I get a ue,un,ua same size they will fit directly into mine,

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/samsung-t...4AAOSw9-9ewXtU

Comment

Ok, double checked and they will work.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-12-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X