This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inverter tester using old CFL

Can I use this method with a CFL to test this inverter? It's from a 42 inch TV. There's one transformer driving all the bulbs. Would I just hook one CFL up between the two inverter outputs?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Measuray View Post
      Would a device like this workout more better?

http://www.lcd-pdparts.com/ViewDetai...ProductID=1813

CCFL & LCD TV Monitor Backlight Tester
      VIP Price:$16.30
      thats for testing ccfl tubes,the bulbs in question will test the inverter for soundness
      fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
      please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

thanksssssssssssssssss

Comment

Another tips for using CFL for testing:
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...x+dx-40l261a12
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Do you know if these bulbs cause any more stress to the inverter than the correct CCFLs?

I ask because I had the idea to use this to test a couple of monitors which shutdown after 10-20 minutes rather than a few seconds. Would it be OK to run the monitor with these CFLs for that long?
            "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
            -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
              Do you know if these bulbs cause any more stress to the inverter than the correct CCFLs?

I ask because I had the idea to use this to test a couple of monitors which shutdown after 10-20 minutes rather than a few seconds. Would it be OK to run the monitor with these CFLs for that long?
              from my studies on arc tubes you should be fine. just don't expect much lite out of that CFL tube.
              Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                from my studies on arc tubes you should be fine. just don't expect much lite out of that CFL tube.
                Do you mean "Light" or was that a typo of "Life"? And if the latter - why?
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                  Do you mean "Light" or was that a typo of "Life"? And if the latter - why?
                  that was an auto carrot of light, sorry.
                  Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

No worries, might give it a go tomorrow then.
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Lol too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                        Lol too funny.
                        sometimes i wonder if the google devs are screwing with people.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                          Do not throw away those broken CFL (14Watts or smaller), you can use them for testing your LCD monitor inverter circuits without buying spare lamps for testing.
                          You can solder the wires directly to the connectors on the inverter board or you can get the correct connectors but then you have to have more than one type.
                          I tested it out on my lamp tester board as you can see in the pictures.
                          I open up the lamp assembly using small hack saw just enough for me to crack it open, just be real careful.
                          Enjoy!
                          great stuff,

Comment

Useful info - stickied
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I guess you can use the same method on an LCD TV but there are many more lamps, is that practical?

Comment

Yes, that is the point of the thread isn't it? It is for testing inverter outputs, not replacing bad tubes.

Comment

Great idea, Thank you.

Comment

Do all these techniques will apply to testing inverter for 40" TV or I need to use different bulbs?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Measuray View Post
                                      Would a device like this workout more better?

http://www.lcd-pdparts.com/ViewDetai...ProductID=1813

CCFL & LCD TV Monitor Backlight Tester
                                      VIP Price:$16.30
                                      Seems so, but i think an old monitor inverter could do the same.

Comment

Thanks man well good information ........

Comment

Good idea todai check

Comment

Working...
                                          X