andron industrial monitors/lelon np caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

andron industrial monitors/lelon np caps

have had a rash of these come in with a open lelon 3.3@63 np.
    causes geomitry issues and pin distortion.
    some of these were only in service 3 months.
    had one from a walter surface grinder that had been run several years with this problem.had a very tired crt that the burn in was very readable and showed the geometry issue had been there a while.

Re: andron industrial monitors/lelon np caps

It may be possible to substitute a polyester unit for the non-polarized electrolytic capacitor originally installed. I guess this would give greater stability.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

i used nichicon replacements and no returns for this in 4 years.lelon=crap.

Comment

Jeez, kc8, what do you have against c__p?

Evox-Rifa, Roedrstein, or Wima will probaby have 3.3uF @ 63V in 5mm or 7.5 mm lead spacing in one of the their nice box case lines. Good stuff.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

i thought of such a sub but had the nichicon parts on hand.
          the film caps would likely last forever.
          as far as crap i have never seen lelon caps last in a high stress app.

Comment

Working...
          X