• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic CF-54 lan faulty

Hi, for this laptop a lan not working !

what to do, advice please.

Re: Panasonic CF-54 lan faulty

Can you see the LAN controller in your Device Manager of Windows ? If yes, then the LAN chip is being seen by the motherboard. That is a good start.

Check the RJ45 connector pins that you use for mating the Ethernet cabling. Do any of the pins look bent to you? The connector may need to be replaced.

Otherwise, you will have to open up the laptop to inspect near the LAN connector to check for possible high transient damage that is possible for this port.

A quick fix is to just source a low cost USB Ethernet dongle. If you do this, source a USB 3.0 to Gigabit dongle (Asix or Cypress are good chipsets).

Comment

Windows sees it in the peripheral list and visually disassembling it, everything looks ok even the connector pins. I'd rather fix it

Comment

Do you know the history of the laptop , was the bios flashed recently.Is the LAN disabled in bios settings. Can you boot from linux and get a MAC address
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Are you getting the network cable unplugged error i had this issue the other day on a laptop this guide helped
          https://thegeekpage.com/fix-windows-...plugged-error/

Comment

Thanks to all, I still solved it by following the attached link

Comment

Originally posted by Fabbrone View Post
              Thanks to all, I still solved it by following the attached link
              Glad you managed too fix the issue it took me a few hours too figure it out myself, this happened when updating a pc to windows 10 it was working fine on wireless but i like too make sure all ports etc work before i pass a pc on.

Comment

Working...
              X