Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

hello Please help ...
    any compatible value for this mosfet i cant find this exact value in my location.

Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-03-2022, 05:12 AM.

Re: Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

GPU status No power ...everytime i insert GPU on MObo the test rig cant On so 100% GPU short ... i found the mosfet short now GPU can on but no Display at all . any recomendation compatible mosfet value for this. 4C029 RFMOP

Comment

What's the resistance from the coil next to it to ground? If it's less than 20 ohms, the core is dead. Usually when the memory VRM shorts on nvidia GPUs, it kills all of the VRAM and the core.

Comment

Originally posted by DrasticRepairs View Post
        What's the resistance from the coil next to it to ground? If it's less than 20 ohms, the core is dead. Usually when the memory VRM shorts on nvidia GPUs, it kills all of the VRAM and the core.
        thank you for Reply Bro ..

now my problem is i dont have mosfet ...any link where can i get this mosfet 4C029 RFMOP .... i found on aliexpresss this mosfet but i dont know if this compatible
        NTMFS4C029NT1G

Aliexpress

Comment

Originally posted by rodbautis View Post
          thank you for Reply Bro ..

now my problem is i dont have mosfet ...any link where can i get this mosfet 4C029 RFMOP .... i found on aliexpresss this mosfet but i dont know if this compatible
          NTMFS4C029NT1G

Aliexpress
          If it was my card I would measure the resistance on the core as DrasticRepairs advised. If the core reistance was above the 20 ohms I would buy the chips linked from AliExpress. The RFMOP is just the manufacture/lot/date information.

Comment

Originally posted by manuforti1314 View Post
            If it was my card I would measure the resistance on the core as DrasticRepairs advised. If the core reistance was above the 20 ohms I would buy the chips linked from AliExpress. The RFMOP is just the manufacture/lot/date information.
            Actually, that's not quite what I was saying. The rail that has the bad MOSFET is for the VRAM. The core will always fail short, and it's normal for a good gpu to be around 0.1ohms. So the only way to test for a core short is with voltage injection. In this case it's the memory that would be shorted. However, the memory controller in the gpu runs on the same voltage rail as the memory itself and is very sensitive to overvoltage. So 99% of the time, when the memory regulator shorts, the gpu is killed.
            The thing that needs to be checked is VMEM (memory voltage rail). If it's shorted, the core is dead.

If the card is turning on, and shows a picture, then the MOSFET really is all that's needed. Aliexpress or eBay are the best options. You can find some comparable chips, but it takes quite awhile to check all of the specs to be sure it's compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by DrasticRepairs View Post
              Actually, that's not quite what I was saying. The rail that has the bad MOSFET is for the VRAM. The core will always fail short, and it's normal for a good gpu to be around 0.1ohms. So the only way to test for a core short is with voltage injection. In this case it's the memory that would be shorted. However, the memory controller in the gpu runs on the same voltage rail as the memory itself and is very sensitive to overvoltage. So 99% of the time, when the memory regulator shorts, the gpu is killed.
              The thing that needs to be checked is VMEM (memory voltage rail). If it's shorted, the core is dead.

If the card is turning on, and shows a picture, then the MOSFET really is all that's needed. Aliexpress or eBay are the best options. You can find some comparable chips, but it takes quite awhile to check all of the specs to be sure it's compatible.
              Thank you for hellp .. i rcv my mosfet and Put on GPU ....

GPU got image for few Secs then sudenly Mosfet Burn again.

Comment

Hi, that means that you have cured the symptom not the root cause. Check the resistance as DrasticRepairs suggested. The burned mosfet could mean that the other mosfet is already somewhat defective, or the phase control is not functioning correctly due to some error in the VRM network and it comes to a overlap during phase swithing (both mosfets are conductive in some time), or you have some other short on the memory power consuming network (eg. a defective but not fully shorted capacitor). If GPU and memories are still alive the best (and probably the most effective solution) would be to take off GPU and memories, and then test VMEM with voltage injection if some capacitor shorts. Then you can go with the memory injected voltage somewhat higher than nominal, but no more than 2.5V, thats the caps nominal max. voltage. Then you can also experiment with changing both mosfets, VRM controller, etc. and confirm that GPU/memories are not the root cause. The VRMs usually run normally w/o GPU/Memories on board.

Pls write which mosfet burns - high side or low side. If lowside there is some chance, that GPU and memories have survived, what could be due to the picture has been generated for a few seconds. You can also do the voltage injection w/o taking off GPU/Memories, but then you can't go higher as memory nominal voltage (probably 1,5V ???), and then when "experimenting" with VRM network the risk for GPU/Memories to be destroyed is quite high.
                Last edited by DynaxSC; 01-25-2022, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Usually a good idea to replace MOSFET driver/buck controller at the same time, and check gate resistor if it exists.
                  Also, no way to know if replacement parts from Aliexpress are any good, large amount of garbage on there…
                  OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
                  X