X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, y'all.

I've been messing around with electronics as a hobby for over 40 years (now I feel old!). I ran across this site while researching an A/V receiver problem. I'm the type of person who likes to fix things first before replacing them (call me cheap or anal retentive) and I hope this site can help an area that I am not strong in - board level stuff.

I'm a retired computer sales guy who has sold practically every major computer manufacturer from A to Z (Apple, HP, IBM, Sun - but well, no Dell and Zenith Data Systems) including many no longer with us (Amiga, Compaq, Data General, DEC, Texas Instruments among others).

Now, don't ask me about smart phones because I'm dumb...

Comment

hi everybody

my name is Francesco and i'm from italy, i love to repair stuff expecially pc notebooks smartphones tv and monitors so i'm here to help someone and learn more about electronics fixing

Comment

Hi, I'm Jon.

I work in a shop that repairs all sorts of stuff, and am tired of ordering boards every time something fails, so I want to get into the components and try fixing them instead.

Comment

Hello everyone. Thanks to all those who have contributed to this great resource over the years.

Comment

Introducciong

hello everybody:

I am from Colombia and I am working in Electronic Repairing, specially Telephone hybrid systems from PANASONIC. Series KX-T

I hope that i can help in any discussion of PBX system.

Comment

Re: New Member

Hello,

My name is Chris and I have been reading the forum almost 4 years. I've learned a lot. I have also bought caps from badcaps.net over many years.

Comment

Hi
                My name is Mario , Im from Colombia and I am a software engineer. Currently searching / reading about a problem i have with a samsung laptop that shuts down after 45 minutes. I dont know anything about electronics but i wanna learn how by fixing this issue i have

Comment

Hi! I'm Jani, from Finland. Studied embedded electronics, but ended up being a code monkey.

However, I recently got the vintage hifi bug, which also got me more interested about the quality of the components I'm using for repairing and restoring 20-40 year old electronics. While googling for information about quality caps, this website came up more often than not.

Thanks all who have contributed so far! Lots of great information here. Pretty much everything I've learned about caps and their quality is from this site.

Comment

hi - I'm Russ from Philadelphia and found this site when looking for help with a frustrating tv issue. Hope to find the solution here.

Lots of information on this site so I'm feeling confident!

Comment

Thank you for the add! I repair arcade monitors, though LCDs definitely have me boggled. That's why I'm here

Comment

hi all.....

Comment

Hola saludos a todos y de antemano una disculpa ya que por cuestiones de tiempo no dispongo de mucho para entrar pero en lo que pueda ayudarles lo hare con gusto
                          saludos a todos

Comment

Name's Peter, I live in BC Canada. I'm just an electronics tinkerer that has searched the web for solutions to various problems. Badcaps repeatedly shows up in my searches and I've found many answers here. I'm stumped on one now and so I registered in hopes of finding a more specific answer to my problem. I'm new to actually posting in forums so bear with me please. I can't thank everyone enough for all the answers I've found on here. Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this current problem.

Comment

Hello to all,
                              I'm from Metropolis, IL, I like your forum. I want to join this community.

Comment

Seems like I'm going to enjoy being around quite some . My name is Tope- tor-peh. But don't worry if you can't manage that, actually you are not the first! So I'm in my final year of a MBBS course. I know, I know..a Steth on one hand and a screwdriver (or a soldering iron?) in the other sounds nuts. I'm addicted to Technology. I started programming roughly 8 years ago.Unfortunately, writing code and fixing software faults for friends couldn't satiate my cravings for anything and everything techy. So you guess it, I plunged into hardware troubleshooting and repairs! Some of what I know I learnt from my repairer friend. The rest I picked up from online and other sources. I'm a quite quiet guy. Shy? Maybe not, and hey I've got a big baritone (I'm still trying to figure out how to use that to improve my repairs-any suggestions are welcome)...I wish I had a pet dog I could fawn about like almost every other person, but while I was growing, mum wouldn't have none of that-so you see, it wasn't my fault, ahem.

Comment

Hi im harrison
                                  Here to learn more than anything as im trying to first my first TV fault
                                  Thanks guys

Comment

Hi guys from Tarragona (Spain). Your forum is really good.

Comment

Hi , I'm from Hong Kong !

I'm a linear power supply diy enthusiast, I think I'm at the right place.

Comment

Hello
                                        I am Beat from Switzerland... :-)
                                        I have troubles with my 80" Sharp TV and I hope someone here can help me... :-)

Comment

Ok, you asked for it....
                                          My name is Roy, I'm 73 years old, and run a consulting company called SFOdesigns, which stands for Short, Fat, and Old.

I specialize in designing microprocessor-based electronics for custom motorcycles, and race vehicles. I'll answer any questions about the motorcycle stuff, and none about the racing stuff, as it's a very closely held field.

I've been riding Harley's for 50 years, and own a 1984 FXWG Shovelhead with custom electrics, and NO starter. Kickstart only, thank you. (If you can't kick it, you shouldn't ride it.)

I also contract to build prototypes of new designs, as well as perform various types of testing, mostly to start-up companies.

Comment

Working...
                                          X