Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus ROG GL502VS bios needed

Hello everyone!

Does any of you have a BIOS dump for the Asus GL502VS?

I found some similar posts (e.g. for the GL502VM or the GL502VSK), but I need the image for the Skylake version (with Nvidia GTX 1070).

I also tried the official support page from Asus, but apparently the BIOS given there is only compatible with the WinFlash utility (maybe this is obvious to you, but I'm a beginner, so please bear with me here).

My laptop is completely bricked, so WinFlash is not an option. I try to use flashrom from another Linux computer, accessing the Bios via a CH341A dongle, with a clip. I was able to read the existing (corrupted) image (which is attached to this post, in case it helps).

The old dump has a size of 8388608 bytes, but for example the latest Bios from Asus is only 6162432 bytes.

So...does anyone have a BIOS dump for this laptop, which would be compatible with flashrom?

Thank you very much for your time!
    Attached Files

Re: Asus ROG GL502VS bios needed

Try this bios .

D 29000
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

That worked! Thank you so much, SMDFlea...you made my day!

Comment

Please great my old bios to clear_me
        Attached Files

Comment

MY LAPTOP IS THE SAME GL502VS-FY304T
          AND VERY THANKS MR SMDFlea

Comment

Bought a bricked GL502VS yesterday. Hoping this bios dump works for me.

Is there a sticky anywhere that gives a rough rundown on flashing? I've got a few ideas/links but wanted to know if theres a good one here.

Comment

Well, I tried the above dump and had no luck. Screen remained black but the fans turned on at full blast. I've attached my bad bios dump. Any help?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ellman605 View Post
                Well, I tried the above dump and had no luck. Screen remained black but the fans turned on at full blast. I've attached my bad bios dump. Any help?
                You have the VSK 7th Gen. Try this bios .
                Attached Files
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  What a stupid bunch of stickers on this laptop. Doesn't show VSK ANYWHERE. This worked sir. Thank you very much!!! Installing windows again as we speak.

Comment

You`re welcome.

Comment

You`re welcome.

This helped me too SMDFlea! I've been getting a lot of Asus with overwritten BIOS because of a mess up during a windows update.

What is windows doing, updating people's firmware without a HUGE WARNING

Comment

hi, my gl502vsk has black screen, power and Caps key led on. can you help me?

Comment

Originally posted by kappa11 View Post
                          hi, my gl502vsk has black screen, power and Caps key led on. can you help me?
                          I have the same problem.
                          Can somebody help, please?

Comment

How do i flash this dump back to a dead bios

Comment

how did you solve your problem? have the same issue

Comment

Hi everyone.

Can anyone please help me.

So i have a bricked GL502VS-GZ287 with 7.Gen and GTX 1070. I am trying to flash GL502VSK 7th Gen ME_CLEAN.zip, which i think is the right one in my case. The BIOS chip is W25Q80EWNIG, according to the research i made it has 8MB capacity with 1.8V. EZP2023+ is unable to detect the chip (i am using the 1.8V adapter, i have desoldered the chip and drivers are correct), so i am selecting it manually which i think should be W25Q80EW(1.8V) which has a size of only 1MB. It reads the chip, erases and writes normal, but the bios size is larger then 1MB. So i made multiple tests to be able to write up to 8MB. First i changed the selected 1MB to 8MB which doesn't do anything, second i changed the settings of W25Q80EW(1.8V) to 8MB - it reads, erases up to 8MB but when i write it completes every time but does not verify it and when i press to read to compare myself it has most of zeros written. Can anyone help me with the situation?

Thanks!
                                Last edited by asn_86; 01-10-2024, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by asn_86 View Post
                                  The BIOS chip is W25Q80EWNIG, according to the research i made it has 8MB capacity...
                                  No it's not 8MB, and no it's not the bios chip.
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...09#post1662909

Also read the rules before posting
                                  RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST:
                                  Last edited by Vesko356; 01-10-2024, 08:07 AM.
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                  Thanks to all supporters.
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                    No it's not 8MB, and no it's not the bios chip.
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...09#post1662909

Also read the rules before posting

You MUST:
                                    Thank you so much for the fast reply. You are right, the Bios chip was 25Q64FVS10. I did a backup of the original bios and flashed GL502VSK 7th Gen ME_CLEAN, and nothing changed. Actually the Laptop was freezing at boot Logo and sometimes at BIOS and i couldn't do anything, i tought that it was a corrupted BIOS but it seems to be not the case. If someone can still help or have any ideas about it, i would be thankful.

Full specs are:
                                    Asus GLV502VS-GZ287 - GLV502VSK- on the RAM SLOT
                                    CPU:I7-7700HQ
                                    RAM:8GB DDR4
                                    GPU:GTX 1070
                                    S/N: H2N0CV19C660092

VBIOS Version

86.04.54.00.0C.

N098GL502VSKO.001

- From the Bios itself wich is freezing after couple of seconds.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by asn_86; 01-11-2024, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• volinakis
                                      volinakis commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      read again Vesko356's reply and provide serial number, also upload bios dump, the dump of 25q64

Hi Guys,
                                    could someone please clean this bios for me?
                                    Asus GL502
                                    GCN0CV07L21550E
                                    G502VS-GZ142T

Thanks, in advance
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by waakye View Post
                                      Hi Guys,
                                      could someone please clean this bios for me?
                                      Asus GL502
                                      GCN0CV07L21550E
                                      G502VS-GZ142T

Thanks, in advance

❤️YOU MUST:

❤️Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID)❤️

❤️Post what the problem is, be specific - black screen, no boot, running slow, password. Do NOT post "clean me", "clear bios", "clean bios", "fix bios", "bios need" or other such terms❤️

Comment

Working...
                                      X