Hp EliteBook 840 not booting, stand still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp EliteBook 840 not booting, stand still

I am working on the Hp EliteBook 840. Frist there was no display at all. I re-programmed the BIOS & I get the back light (Two BIOS in this model), the cursor (DASH) just flashes in the left hand top corner, cannot get the BIOS setup & cannot even boot up with external HDD or Boot USB.. Just stand still with flashing dash. Any furtehr help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Hp EliteBook 840 not booting, stand still

I just finished up with and Elite 840 G1 last night. I still have its main bios dump if you need to test at least.

I would try doing the Win-V bios recovery method with the bios extracted from HP's site. The G1 I was working with did not work with this method, but perhaps you have a later model?

Comment

I had 840 g2 and laptop was totally dead but i did mild reflow to cpu and pc still running after 8 months.

Comment

I think I will re-flow first., BIOS which I have is good enough as I copied it from a working notebook. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
          I think I will re-flow first., BIOS which I have is good enough as I copied it from a working notebook. Thanks
          No....Never reflow a SOC-you will kill it. If you really need to reflow, then do it on bga rework station only. With hot air-it will worsen only.

Comment

Working...
          X