Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP ZS050 LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP ZS050 LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pr

As per post#10, bios have 1.8V as claimed by the person who started this thread. As far as your case is concerned, what is the mb marking?? A lot of newer mb has DSW feature and 3v will be generated after power on only.

Comment

Re: HP ZS050 LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pr

Ah, just overlooked that. i had in mind, he has no 3VALW and schematics are telling the 1.8VALW were generated after 3VALW. So i still wonder how is it possible, to have 1.8VALW...

However, thank you for responding so fast! And concerning my case: This has time. i'll open a thread when i got stuck...

Greetings
      Attached Files
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Thanks! I will request a BIOS Ver.2 at BIOS section.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
          Ah, just overlooked that. i had in mind, he has no 3VALW and schematics are telling the 1.8VALW were generated after 3VALW. So i still wonder how is it possible, to have 1.8VALW...

However, thank you for responding so fast! And concerning my case: This has time. i'll open a thread when i got stuck...

Greetings
          It was so weird because the first time I measured the voltage at PU301 I don't get nothing. When I check again this morning now I have the voltage output for 3VALWP and 5VALWP still don't have images on the screen so I'm guessing that the BIOS could be corrupted.

Comment

After downloaded the BIOS from the BIOS section. I removed the BIOS chip on the motherboard to back-up the data but unfortunately my SOFI SP8 wouldn't detected the WINDBOND 25Q64F Can replaced the BIOS with a Micron N25Q064A and program the HP LA-A994P Ver.2 BIOS?

Comment

No, it won't work. Micron N25Q064A needs +3V power supply.

You probably need 1.8V adapter, like this for my EZP2010
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sopik78; 01-26-2021, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sopik78 View Post
                No, it won't work. Micron N25Q064A needs +3V power supply.

You probably need 1.8V adapter, like this for my EZP2010
                I do have the EZP2010 but I'm getting hard time to install the drivers I did 4 laptop and two desktop they are window 7 and windows 10 and no luck for me to install the driver.

Comment

Send PM for drivers, with EZP2010 may be you don't need adapter for 1.8V.

Comment

i want to say a few things about la-a994 and la-a996 these models bioses can corrupt easly. Most of the things I've encountered so far have been bios failure. and when i used bios from internet no screen. my suggestion is that first of all, you need to study the problem by using the bios you downloaded from the original website on these models. and if you need ec i added attechment. have a good day.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1018549
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-26-2021, 09:20 AM. Reason: EC moved to a new thread in bios requests section

Comment

Originally posted by Anethra View Post
                      i want to say a few things about la-a994 and la-a996 these models bioses can corrupt easly. Most of the things I've encountered so far have been bios failure. and when i used bios from internet no screen. my suggestion is that first of all, you need to study the problem by using the bios you downloaded from the original website on these models. and if you need ec i added attechment. have a good day.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1018549
                      I agree that my case is a BIOS problem turn on turn off turn turn off same behavior like the MacBook Pro if the EFI corrupted.

Comment

I manage to install the drivers for my EZP2010 programmer I did Backup the original BIOS and flash the one I downloaded here and I have the same behavior turn on turn off turn on turn off. I have all the power rail what else need to be check. RTC power? Clock signal?

Comment

Where is VR_ON generated? is this signal from U44?

Comment

Working...
                          X