Sourcing Apple macBook replacement screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sourcing Apple macBook replacement screen

Hey guys, can anyone please suggest where I can find reliable and reputable resellers for an apple macBook pro screen assembly?

I have an A1502 EMC2835 (early 2013, MF840LL/A) macbook pro that need a new screen. Am not too trusting of aliexpress or ebay, especially since it's not a cheap screen.

Is this a reliable source?: https://www.firstlcd.com

Re: Sourcing Apple macBook replacement screen

MF840LL/A is order code for Early 2015. Make sure to get the correct one as 2013/2015 are not compatible between them.
    ProTech Restore is a good supplier but they're USA-based. Some people recommend MobileSentrix too. There's also ReplaceBase in the EU.
    But it'll really depend on who can ship to your place with reasonable cost.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Hi. Yes, recommend to try XJS (Aliexpress). Have sourced from them 10++ times so far with zero issues, prompt service and often the best pricing.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299...archweb201603_

Also sourced similar full display assemblies from them for repairs here in Canada. We have used DHL services for shipping. One client had a really banged up bottom plate and they offered us a new plate but with markings ( I think we paid $35 USD for this plate with markings). If you share the full picture of the original bottom side plate, they will replicate the laser markings and you cannot tell the replacement apart from the original - same fonts; same markings; same serial #. Amazing synergy in Shenzhen I would say.

Personally would ask for a 100% New and original OEM with logo full display assembly.

Good luck!

Comment

@piernov; yes sorry, typo. Its indeed early 2015 and not 2013. Thank you for the supplier although ProTech Restore seems to unfortunately be out of the model I need and MobileSentrix is on the high side pricewise. (For some reason the page is loading very slowly and won't let me add to cart).

@mon2; I was actually looking at this particular reseller on aliexpress but wasn't sure of the authenticity of the reviews. Thank you for your recommendation. Would you know the difference between the "New LCD assembly" and "98New LCD assembly"? (I will be contacting the reseller on same). Can't seem to find any info in the description.

Comment

Hi. Can vouch for this reseller. They are good people and as noted, used them many times and will continue to do so. To save grief, we purchase the full display assembly so the repair is quick. Always received 100% new product; identical to the original with logo and no dead pixels. Have received 5 star reviews from our clients after the service. Even the plastic tape is onboard the lid of the display assembly - we let the customer remove that at their option.

Be sure you are accurate on the model & color of the display assembly.

Do ask the vendor but 98 new means 98% new and may contain a few (minor) scratches. TBH, we just prefer 100% new. They do test before they ship. It is a good shop.

Comment

I see, makes sense And yes, I will ofcourse be using 100% new(provided owner is OK with the cost). The laptop is from someone I know and pretty sure it was never opened before coming to me. I also checked product details using serial number.

Comment

Working...
            X