Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered Wrong TCON Board For Sony TV, Can I flash Epprom

HI

Made a mistake and ordered the wrong TCON board to replace in my KDL-46HX823, the board I ordered was Sony PLY 1-883-893-11 which is sort of correct.

But later realized this board is used in 4 or 5 models, any way the one i got sent was for KDL-55HX820.

Physically these boards are identical, everything on the board is the same. I havent put this board into the TV yet, but am I right in saying all i would have to do is copy the Epprom from my faulty board and transfere it on to the new board, or is there still something else that may stop this working.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Ordered Wrong TCON Board For Sony TV, Can I flash Epprom

are you sure it had eeprom on it... can you show us photo of the both

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      are you sure it had eeprom on it... can you show us photo of the both

Hi Thanks for your reply.

The first pic is the board I should have purchased, the second is the actual board purchased.

Identical apart for one is for 46 the other 55
      Attached Files

Comment

Look the same BUT not the same, see how the sticker numbers do not match?

Comment

however it may work but my advice Don't do it, there are big risk to yours panel COFs. it look yours set 3D and there other chips aligned to.

Comment

Might be worth comparing other components on both boards , as you will most probably find other differences to discrete components values & positions .

I carried this out on a Sony set about a year ago , although it wasn't a 3D TV .

Couldn't find the correct T-CON & bought closest i could find , as with yours , different display size .

Took me the whole day swapping out components to ensure a match, plus the NVM.

It did work though .

Long as the main BGA doesn't have an internal flash , you should be fine .

Comment

Originally posted by zen View Post
              i can't imagine swapping parts from defect T-CON to other one for matching.
              what if one of parts was defect.. and if we can test this parts before swapping then we are able to repair the defect one.

Originally posted by gersrt View Post
              how you reach a judgment yours ORG T-CON defect? what kind of issue you had???

Comment

After about 2 minutes of tv switching on the screen image distorted doubled. I disconnected the lcd ribbons one at a time. When got to last ribbon screen was perfect except for the last quarter I plugged out which was obviously blank. When plugged that section in again screen went doubled again. To be honest it was start with changing the least expensive easiest to get part.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gersrt View Post
                  After about 2 minutes of tv switching on the screen image distorted doubled. I disconnected the lcd ribbons one at a time. When got to last ribbon screen was perfect except for the last quarter I plugged out which was obviously blank. When plugged that section in again screen went doubled again. To be honest it was start with changing the least expensive easiest to get part.

Thanks
                  Yours Sony build in Option " Self diagnose Mode" you can access to this when the set at stand by.. there you will see if any error registered and at which parts... did you log on this mode ? if no then you need and show us the screen shoot of the result.

Comment

Yes , obviously Diah , you have to have an idea where issue is on original , or by comparing readings on the 2 T-CONS issue on original board may reveal itself .

Comment

Double image probably panel issue, "tape-cutoff" method works sometimes.

Comment

more than likely yes .

I normally start by blocking off anywhere from 5-10 tracks.

On most sets , but not all , blocking off tracks at far ends of ribbon can provide a cure .

Focus on ribbon unplugged , to clear double image .

Comment

Yours Sony build in Option " Self diagnose Mode" you can access to this when the set at stand by.. there you will see if any error registered and at which parts... did you log on this mode ? if no then you need and show us the screen shoot of the result.

Oh Man, I have another problem now. I really hope someone can get me back to where I was before.

This board was repaired before I have attached an image of the repair, wasnt done by me.

Any way see the resistor bridge, i stupidly touched the end of it to see if it was making proper connection and if that what was causing the problem. With power on....

Any way see the 2 components I have circled I accidentally touched these together with tip of screwdriver and got a spark. Now TV not turning on, only 5 flashing red blinks.

Can anyone help me sort this.

Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

yours t-con fuse of 12v get open.

buy exact t-con and save time & set together
                            Last edited by Diah; 01-28-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

yours t-con fuse of 12v get open.

buy exact t-con and save time & set together
                              Ok Thanks anyway for your help.

Both fuses testing good.

Unfortunately not so easy to source new exact board. Would rather try get this back to how it was.

Comment

Working...
                              X