Replacing LEDs on LED strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing LEDs on LED strip

Does anyone know of a ptc heater that does not burn the LED strip when replacing single LEDs? I'm trying to refurb LED strips and I want my strips to stay as white as possible. On the youtube videos their ptc heaters don't burn the strip at all hardly. Any help or methods would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Replacing LEDs on LED strip

i replaced leds, by heating the strip till the solder melted and then after few more seconds while keep heating, i placed the led and stay for just the time to get it in perfect position without damaging anything. cheap and simple.

with that method i replaced about 10 leds without any adamage.

ofcourse a preheater would be better, but if u dont get the strip till the melting point (183 with new leaded solder) u still need the hot air.

Comment

Originally posted by fharris1977 View Post
      Does anyone know of a ptc heater that does not burn the LED strip when replacing single LEDs? I'm trying to refurb LED strips and I want my strips to stay as white as possible. On the youtube videos their ptc heaters don't burn the strip at all hardly. Any help or methods would be greatly appreciated.
      you can built a controlled temperature output using ptc and rex100 temp controller.. just follow the rex100 wiring diagram or google it. hope this helps
      Attached Files
      Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Go to Aliexpress and search for "LED Lamp Remover" to locate < $5 USD heating tables for this purpose.

DIDIHOU Tools Store has one for $3 USD + shipping.

These tools are very common to fix back / side lighting strips in TV, etc. as they are aluminum PCBs.

Comment

Working...
        X