Mosfet driver trouble replacing 6005A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosfet driver trouble replacing 6005A

So this is not the first time i find a mosfet driver shorted. I am talking about the mains to DC conversion circuits. In this case its a TV , I found a shorted mosfet , shorted safety capacitor and the power resistor was open. I replaced all of those but later found that two of the pins in mosfet driver were shorted aswell. Now this is a big road block for me , as people are no willing to wait for a month for a specific IC to get shipped from china to repair their TV , Is there another solution to fixing this problem? I have some other mosfet drivers laying around and what are the chances of them being interchangable? Assuming they are made for same purpose(which they are , i found another TV power board).
    In this case i have a 6005a Driver which doesnt have any datasheet online as far as i know. They can be bought on aliexpress but as i said its not really an option. Also i saw a video online that a driver can be replaced with 2 transistors in a circuit designed to switch them on and off. But i dont really have the knowledge of doing that properly also i do not want to waste too much time on a repair job that will grant me 20$.

Re: Mosfet driver trouble replacing 6005A

what make/model tv?
    got a psu photo?

Comment

Yes its a phillips quite small tv i would mistake it for a monitor if it werent for the remote. I will post pictures when i get home.

Comment

so here it is ... i marked what was burnt on the board... i Do have a power board from another different TV that has a driver on it , so i was thinking of just puting that in place .. i know its a slim chance that it would work but worth a shot.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by sigmeyer; 01-20-2021, 10:39 AM.

Comment

PF6005AG

and some guy says "the pwm driver is "PF6005AG". I replace it with "PF6003AG" which has more driver capabilities."
          https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...lcd-tv-repair/

Comment

Unbelivable STJ , i have found a schematic , and i also found a local seller selling it for 5 bucks with name 6003AG ... Absolutely amazing .. You might just have saved this TV STJ... Props to you man really... i ordered them immediately

Comment

BTW i just would like to add ,The transistor 65s1k5ce i replaced with 13n50CF.. I think its okay replacement in my opinion . The original was rated at 650volts but my replacement is 500v .. which i think is okay because the voltage never really goes up to 650volts..Also the "RDS" is really different between these two which i dont know what it means. But drain current on new one is much higher also which is positive. Also power dissipation is not much different either.. Any thoughts on this? I would like to have some precaution just so i dont blow up another PWM controller.
              Last edited by sigmeyer; 01-20-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I also have this Mosfet 1n50c3 , which could also i think replace the original , also its higher Drain-source amperage capabilities... and its up to 600Volts

Comment

RDS is the resistance when it's on.
                  lower RDS = less heat

Comment

Alright thanks stj , you really helped me out on this one!

Comment

The TV is now working ... I spent about 5 hours on this thing it was a nightmare... I replaced the driver and the mosfet , and the thing still wouldnt turn on .. Then i looked under and i found 2 open resistors , thanks to the schematic. And finally after replacing about 6 components the damn thing fired up and its working fine... The new mosfet although its not the same 1n50c3 is working fine with this circuit.. The question is : is it a reliable replacement... I think it is but time will tell, Also i have never seen a power supply with this many damaged components... Great fix for me!
                      Thanks again STJ atleast i got it up and running

Comment

Working...
                      X