Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

230 VAC applied to 24VAC stepper motor with control board

Hello,

I have accidentally applied 230VAC to a 24VAC valve (an external fuse was blown). The valve has a control board and it can be controlld via 4...20mA and gives feedback as well. There are 2 PCB connected with wires as you can see in the images added.
    I opened it up and I can only find one burnt element on it, which for me seems to be a transient voltage suppressor. It now measures short, but the traces around it are connected. The writing on the element is "AUTO K30 1741" - I could not find a part like this online.
    When now applying 24VAC to the valve it does nothing and is not short circuited, which confuses me, since as of my understanding the shorted suppressor should be in the supply line. One side of the suppressor is connected to the supply and the other goes to the control board, I did not have time to study further. I could not find a fuse on the board and as I said - no visible damage to other elements or traces.
    I would appreciate any advice for fixing it or atleast helping me understand what has happened. Is it safe just to desolder the suppressor and apply voltage again? Am I missing a fuse on the board?
    Attached Files

Re: 230 VAC applied to 24VAC stepper motor with control board

remove the suppressor and try it - your not going to make anything worse - you may get lucky

Comment

Re: 230 VAC applied to 24VAC stepper motor with control board

I would agree as well you got nothing to loose at this point
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
      X