Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell 2209wa - momentarily blinks every two seconds [ Video + Audio + Service Manual ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2209wa - momentarily blinks every two seconds [ Video + Audio + Service Manu

Thanks, and thanks for the answer.

No, I don't expect anyone here to educate me on things that are easily looked up, but it sounded like something useful to know for future repairs. I've done two here so far, so a third is probably on the horizon. I just find RMS inherently hard to intuit, but I think I found what was missing for me to do it now that I've looked it up.

Since I've tried to stay away from AC and line voltages in order to keep this hobby alive (i.e. me) I've also never reflected on that they're expressed in V RMS. So it was basically 230/0.707, assuming a sine wave. And that's presumably the peak amplitude then. That makes sense.

I thought I'd compile a list of steps that I should have taken to find the fault as quickly as possible. Maybe it'll help someone like me:

1. The problem didn't appear immediately after a cold start → probably overheating.
    2. Open it up, power it on, wait for the problem to appear and then blow on one PCB at a time with a fan until the problem goes away.
    3. When you've isolated the faulty PCB, blow on a single component at a time (I used a tube made from a rolled up sheet of paper), and/or drop alcohol on them, until you know which one it is.
    4. Measure diodes and transistors in the vicinity for shorts. And for blown fuses...that don't look like fuses, aren't called fuses, and don't look blown.

Comment

Working...
    X