Surface Pro 6 - Physically Broken Bios Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surface Pro 6 - Physically Broken Bios Chip

Hi Everyone and thank you for having me!

I recently own a 2nd hand i5/8GB/256GB Black Edition Surface Pro 6, which was an upgrade from my Pro 4 which had display issues.

Issues arose with the Surface 6 when I got home and went to do my usual clean and custom Wim image of W11Home I debloated.

fire up the recovery usb > cmd > diskpart > see disk 0 > clean..... (worst mistake this time around)

Well little did I know I can't actually write to the efi partition anymore due to a setting in the uefi. no worries ill disable it! So I restart enter the uefi procedure and I'm in!!!,,,.... wait! what!!! password?!... (I hadn't seen the before due to my Surface 4 not having one..)

Any way I found a way to bypass the efi by using a FFU DISM backup of a fresh install on my Surface 4 and then Applying it to my Surface 6 from the USB recovery, all goes well and I go on my way happy for a few days...

To be honest though, that password is just bugging me... I just want it gone, is I go down the rabbit hole of looking into flashing the bios to remove the password lockout.

So I heat her up take her off the board, and pull out my cheapo Chinese black 341a I had from a long while back.

what could go wrong at this point?

I'll tell you... I drop the programmer with my chip installed to floor by accident whilst moving across the room. and well lets just say I am so angry at myself. so close to having a backup but then breaking the thing just before.

So my question is...

How Can I salvage this chip to get a dump of my bios?

here is the pic of the disaster board....

thanks for listening.

Re: Surface Pro 6 - Physically Broken Bios Chip

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...5&postcount=10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi!, and thank you! (first 6 bios I could find) but surely it can't be that easy using a random bios file?

I need to try dump my broken chip for the serial etc data?

which pins on the bios chip are used for programming. (with y luck its both those that are broken....)

Comment

All 8 pins, but the chip broke, that's impossible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

yikes... ok I will stop chasing that route.

I write down my windows key and took photos of my system about screen. assuming I could as best try transfer manually as much detail as possible to new chip by editing..

I will keep reading and broken my knowledge. before I attempt

thanks for your quick reply mate

appreciated.

Comment

Would anyone care to help me find info on specifics for changing Bios for Serial, touch, Windows key etc on Microsoft Surface Pro? many thanks

Comment

Working...
            X