Did I just bought a fakecap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I just bought a fakecap ?

Today I bought... I mean friend of mine bought capacitors that I ordered, as the shop where i bought it is too far away from me, as he isn't understands anything in electronics, he just bought it as I ordered. At first shop on their page showed 1800uf 6.3V Sanyo caps, with generic picture and code SY-1800(which isn't correct). After little bit of search I found out that it was WG 8X20 capacitors(p.s found that out before buy). Ok, ordered, next day friend gives me package with those caps and some other caps that I ordered. But... This were NOT the Sanyo WG, these were Panasonic(Matsushita) FL caps, which are not for public, so I can't find any datasheet for them... by dimensions these were the same 8X20 caps also I cound't measure ESR or Capacitance, as I don't have needed tool for that. If you have Panasonic FL 1800uf 6.3V, that you are 100% sure are real, then send pictures here, also picture of mine caps are attached bellow(p.s i bought those for 0.41BYN/0.16$ a piece).
    Attached Files

Re: Did I just bought a fakecap ?

Originally posted by xnRS View Post
    If you have Panasonic FL 1800uf 6.3V, that you are 100% sure are real, then send pictures here, also picture of mine caps are attached bellow(p.s i bought those for 0.41BYN/0.16$ a piece).
    Я думаю, что ето поддельные конденсаторы. Цена слишком низкая, чтобь купить чтото нормалное. Я никогда бы етие конденсаторы не купил.
    I think that these caps are just generic Chinese low end caps. The price is wayy too low for something decent. I wouldn't buy or use these caps for anything critical.
    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

real, but very old.
      FL was rare even when they made them - mostly only used on pc motherboartds.

Comment

Found out That logo isn't the same as on real panasonic(photo attached), i got mobo with real FL panasonics, logo is little bit diffrent, also color of this ones is black/white, while of fl which were used on mobo are black/orange. Also font with temp and series is too low on my opinion.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by televizora View Post
          Я думаю, что ето поддельные конденсаторы. Цена слишком низкая, чтобь купить чтото нормалное. Я никогда бы етие конденсаторы не купил.
          I think that these caps are just generic Chinese low end caps. The price is wayy too low for something decent. I wouldn't buy or use these caps for anything critical.
          Согласен, тоже думаю что цена слишком низкая, но это был единственный вариант который подходил для моей материнки со вздутыми Rubycon MCZ

Agree, I'm thinking that price is too low too, but this is was only variant that would fit into my motherboard with bulged Rubycon MCZ

Comment

Found out That logo isn't the same as on real panasonic(photo attached), i got mobo with real FL panasonics, logo is little bit diffrent, also color of this ones is black/white, while of fl which were used on mobo are black/orange. Also font with temp and series is too low on my opinion.
            p.s these are photos of mine Asus P5B-VM where original caps are located but they are 3300uf 16V, forgot 'bout them, now I',m 50-75% sure that these caps are fake.

Comment

replace MBZ or MCZ with polymers

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                replace MBZ or MCZ with polymers
                Eh, too late, this motherboard is crap mobo which costs 10$ max, and I already spent alot on it, so I'll just go with those caps, but which polymers you will recommend me then, it will be helpful in future for me
                Last edited by xnRS; 06-01-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Eh, too late, this motherboard is crap mobo which costs 10$ max, and I already spent alot on it, so I'll just go with those caps, but which polymers you will recommend me then, it will be helpful in future for me
                  Also what can I say, is that our shops isn't selling caps more than 1500uf, and they cost 2.11 BYN/0.83$ each, and that alot for price of this mobo

Comment

i use cheap ali-express polymers.
                    even crap ones are better than the best electrolytics

Comment

i use cheap ali-express polymers.
                      even crap ones are better than the best electrolytics
                      Oh, for real ? I think I heard somewhere that some polymer caps are just normals with new sleeve Maybe you can give us a link to them?

Comment

polymers dont have a sleeve, or a vent on top.

some foto's and links
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78134
                        Last edited by stj; 06-02-2021, 06:11 AM.

Comment

polymers dont have a sleeve, or a vent on top.

some foto's and links
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78134
                          whoops written it little bit wrong, i meant that were some FAKE polymers on Ali so I'm tbh little bit afraid of them, but still, can you give the link to Ali for this caps

Comment

fake polymers? you mean fake maker or fake as in, they arent polymer??

Comment

fake polymers? you mean fake maker or fake as in, they arent polymer??
                              That they aren't polymer

Comment

i cant see it, they would need a cap factory and polymers are shorter so regular electrolytic guts cant be inserted into a polymer casing.

the only shit electrolytic that gets mistaken for a poly is the infamous FZ's

Comment

i cant see it, they would need a cap factory and polymers are shorter so regular electrolytic guts cant be inserted into a polymer casing.

the only shit electrolytic that gets mistaken for a poly is the infamous FZ's
                                  Well I think I'm talking about those FZ's then, but you that these guys can fake anything Maybe it's Just a rumors that I heard sometime ago, I hope so then.

Comment

there is no need to fake modern parts.
                                    china is the worlds electronics factory - they have lots of "surplus" from pcb production lines.

Comment

*Update*
                                      Those caps didn't survived, maybe they are still working but they are bulged(Screen attached)...
                                      They didn't survived because they got overheated(common problem on this ASUS P5B-VM board, saw another one for sale with same bulged caps, screen attached by the way), even original factory Rubycons MCZ didn't survived this one, so those caps wouldn't get even a chance either Also near are Kemet A758 caps which I bought from same seller, they are still good(0.67 BYN / 0.27 USD each btw), they replaced 3 bulged and one none bulged Evercon 330uF 6.3V which were installed from factory for some reason... So maybe you'll give me an advice which poly cap to use for this board, as I didn't found any 1800uF 6.3V poly cap on Ali.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by xnRS; 06-05-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Check the polarity of the capacitors: you installed them backwards.
                                        Asus are crazy and uses the half circle on the PCB to designate the positive side.
                                        See for example:
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10480
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16890
                                        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                                        X