Chemi-con ends production of large part of caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemi-con ends production of large part of caps

Been recently informed that NCC is EoL'ing many caps from ALL series, some series (like LE, long life, medium ESR/RC) will end as a whole.

From what I've seen, D5, D6.3 and D8 caps are affected. So ALL the small caps, either standard or low-ESR, and many caps in filtering (in D8, especially FSP, but many others use that in output filters in SMPS).

Last order accepted in 2024, so I will try to restock and pre-stock as many as possible to keep them caps flowing, but at the very last about 2030 I will most likely run out. Could only hope that other manufacturers won't go crazy like that, that at least some japanese will remain. But most of the other do have distributors with crazy MOQ's so that's gonna hurt me. Could only hope cap business will go high enough by that time that like 5000 pcs MOQ will be something I can handle.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Chemi-con ends production of large part of caps

since they've already started creating problems even though new orders should still be accepted, I've started ordering Rubycon PX as general-purpose series to keep on stock

it helped that over the years, competing distributor got himself insurance for payment inability (of his customers) so now I could order with payment-after-delivery right away, besides, Rubycon currently has 13 weeks faster delivery, that makes a difference (only if I knew that sooner )
    Last edited by Behemot; 03-10-2023, 09:50 AM.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
    X