This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post help identifying capacitors here

LF = possibly Nichicon LF series, if it has a blue text and mark for the negative stripe, though might be easier to reveal with a picture.

If I'm not mistaken, C = 16V rating.

Comment

[Like many before me I need some help identifying these SMD capacitors (see attached image). Could someone help me with this. Many thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lethbrp View Post
        [Like many before me I need some help identifying these SMD capacitors (see attached image). Could someone help me with this. Many thanks
        10 microfarads , 25 volts .

Comment

Those are bipolar, too.

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
            Those are bipolar, too.
            Many thanks

Comment

Hello,

I've got an Asus X99 Deluxe for years, and few days ago, the PC won't start at all (no BIOS, no fans spinning, ...), only the "Start" and "Reset" buttons on the MB are lit. When I push the "BIOS flashback" green button, the NZXT Kraken, watercooling the CPU is lit while I push the button.

What I noticed is that the two bottom PCI-e ports, and particularly the capcitor between these two ports is burning hot.

I want to replace it to try to save the motherboard, with not much hope, but I'll try anyway

Could you help me identify the 2 capacitors, and, if possible, the two other elements circled in red, please?

What I can read from the bigger capacitor is:

FP 10K
              48Cz

And from the smaller:

FP10K
              46*z

(* is for character that I cannot read)

The other two elements, from top to bottom:

2R2
              5OR

And

BA5P03
              BCD1638

Second photo which is clearer for the bigger capcitor and the component just next to it:

Would these capacitors be ok to replace the two on my MB?
              -
              Nichicon RHA0J561MCN1GS

-
              Nichicon PCX1D271MCL1GS

I'm not sure about the 20% tolerance. Is this acceptable or should I find a reference with a lesser tolerance?

Also, I noticed that on the back of the MB, a MLCC was not properly soldered (only one side was soldered, the other one was not). Do you know the specs of these MLCC? Nothing is written on it, and apparently, a myriad of MLCC exist, so I'm lost.

Thank you for your help.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Dtreb; 06-08-2023, 04:02 AM.

Comment

2R2
                5OR
                2.2 microhenry inductor
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtreb View Post
                  Hello,

I've got an Asus X99 Deluxe for years, and few days ago, the PC won't start at all (no BIOS, no fans spinning, ...), only the "Start" and "Reset" buttons on the MB are lit. When I push the "BIOS flashback" green button, the NZXT Kraken, watercooling the CPU is lit while I push the button.

What I noticed is that the two bottom PCI-e ports, and particularly the capcitor between these two ports is burning hot.

I want to replace it to try to save the motherboard, with not much hope, but I'll try anyway

Could you help me identify the 2 capacitors, and, if possible, the two other elements circled in red, please?

What I can read from the bigger capacitor is:

FP 10K
                  48Cz

And from the smaller:

FP10K
                  46*z

(* is for character that I cannot read)

The other two elements, from top to bottom:

2R2
                  5OR

And

BA5P03
                  BCD1638

Second photo which is clearer for the bigger capcitor and the component just next to it:

Would these capacitors be ok to replace the two on my MB?
                  -
                  Nichicon RHA0J561MCN1GS

-
                  Nichicon PCX1D271MCL1GS

I'm not sure about the 20% tolerance. Is this acceptable or should I find a reference with a lesser tolerance?

Also, I noticed that on the back of the MB, a MLCC was not properly soldered (only one side was soldered, the other one was not). Do you know the specs of these MLCC? Nothing is written on it, and apparently, a myriad of MLCC exist, so I'm lost.

Thank you for your help.
                  (FP 10K
                  48Cz
                  16) : 270 microfarads , 16 volts , the rest is for series and codes , related to manufacturer .

(FP10K
                  46*z
                  6.3) :

560 microfarads , 6.3 volts , the rest is for series and codes , related to manufacturer .

(2R2
                  5OR) : Panasonic power inductor choke coil 2.2 microhenrys .

(BA5P03
                  BCD1638) : A discrete component , with no available data , probably undocumeted yet , but surely i's a LVR (Low voltage regulator) , Sot223 sc-73 or sc-89 (if you can give its exact dimensional measures , i can affirm more) . From its marking it's a positive regulator anyway (the "P") , and most probably , 5volts for the "5" , And 3volts for the "03" ..
                  I'll keep looking for it more .

(MLCC) : Please show its picture , to know if it's ceramic or propylene or else , etc..

Comment

Hello,

Thank you very much to both of you.

Here is the component on the back of the socket:

I removed it to be sure that it being desoldered would not damage anything else.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jiroy View Post
                      (FP 10K
                      48Cz
                      16) : 270 microfarads , 16 volts , the rest is for series and codes , related to manufacturer .

(FP10K
                      46*z
                      6.3) :

560 microfarads , 6.3 volts , the rest is for series and codes , related to manufacturer .

(2R2
                      5OR) : Panasonic power inductor choke coil 2.2 microhenrys .

(BA5P03
                      BCD1638) : A discrete component , with no available data , probably undocumeted yet , but surely i's a LVR (Low voltage regulator) , Sot223 sc-73 or sc-89 (if you can give its exact dimensional measures , i can affirm more) . From its marking it's a positive regulator anyway (the "P") , and most probably , 5volts for the "5" , And 3volts for the "03" ..
                      I'll keep looking for it more .

(MLCC) : Please show its picture , to know if it's ceramic or propylene or else , etc..
                      The unidentified component seems to be 3mm * 6mm. It's a bit tricky to measure, because it's between two PCI-e ports and the two capacitors, but I think this is the right measurement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtreb View Post
                        Hello,

Thank you very much to both of you.

Here is the component on the back of the socket:

I removed it to be sure that it being desoldered would not damage anything else.
                        That's a smd ceramic capacitor , basically to provide power and stability to the CPU . Measure any surrounding capacitor , they're basically the same here .

For the BA5P03 , I need more , including height and even the pins ..

Comment

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what these are and where to buy replacements?

Marked 1510A and 1310A

I have Google searched but haven't had any luck locating any info.

Thanks in advance
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like inductors, no need to replace.
                            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Those are discrete Through hole ferrite shielded radial choke inductors , and like Per Hansson mentioned , no need to replace , and they look super fine .
                              About the marking , 1310A stand for 13mm x 10mm , A for tolerance 5% , and 1510A stand for 15 mm x 10 mm , A for tolerance 5% .
                              Without labeling them with their inductance values , like mh inductance , makes them standard from any series from some unknown company . So the only way to know their real value , without a schema is to measure one of them . Next , you can have any similar 1310A , meaning 13x10,5% , from any other manufacturer , like this series attached , SRC1013 .
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                                Looks like inductors, no need to replace.
                                Thanks Per Hansson and jiroy!

I thought maybe they were inductors but I wasn't positive. I have one that is discolored, so much so that the marking is almost unreadable, and the ferrite "cap" has popped off so I'm pretty sure it needs to be replaced. I attached the above pic because the markings were clear. These are in a Samsung surround sound amp/cd changer. I'll order a few and replace the one that's lost its head and see what happens

Thanks again!

Comment

I have a motherboard MSI B350M Gaming Pro with missing components. One of it is a capacitor named in the schematic as "C560p50X4".
                                  I need help identifying it as I am trying to find a replacement from an old board Asrock G14C-S.
                                  The pads where it is missing are around 1.5mm apart so it should be really small.
                                  It would be helpful to know how i could use a multi meter to find one from the donor board.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys!
                                    Can some one to identify this type of smd capacitors from Gigabyte motherboard?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cobovo View Post
                                      Hi guys!
                                      I found same logo on Asus motherboard at DIP type capacitor and then by boardview found needs to me series and type on website of manufacturer.
                                      This type
                                      https://www.apaq.com.tw/zh-cn/produc...pe/ACAS+Series

Comment

Originally posted by udonome View Post
                                        I have a motherboard MSI B350M Gami 1Pro with missing components. One of it is a capacitor named in the schematic as "C560p50X4".
                                        I need help identifying it as I am trying to find a replacement from an old board Asrock G14C-S.
                                        The pads where it is missing are around 1.5mm apart so it should be really small.
                                        It would be helpful to know how i could use a multi meter to find one from the donor board.
                                        It's a smd capactor 560 picofarads or 0.56 nanofarads , 50 volts . Better test capacitors outside the donor board . Try find similar size and test it .

Comment

Originally posted by cobovo View Post
                                          Hi guys!
                                          That's a standard and very common capacitor smd 330 microfarads , 50 or 63 volts .. You can find it in any donor board .

Comment

Working...
                                          X