Synology DS415+ power button response issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synology DS415+ power button response issue

Had another issue with turning the machine on (1 in 5 it will turn on) so had to strip it down again thinking the power on button is damaged but it is in good condition, then had a look at the motherboard button and it looks like a part of it has snapped off see attached pics.

Can anyone recommend a replacement for the motherboard, it has 8 pins and would prefer a blue led if possible.

The closest I have found is part number: PB6156RSL-4-102 (Blue led) PB6156RSL-3-102 (green) but agin struggling to find that part in the uk
    Attached Files

Re: Synology DS415+ power button response issue

it's a side-mounted 6mm button with unknown shaft length - you can check the size.

what exactly is missing/broken?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      it's a side-mounted 6mm button with unknown shaft length - you can check the size.

what exactly is missing/broken?

It's strange it takes around 5 or 6 attempts at powering on the front, I have removed the motherboard and will take a better picture.
      I will try and see if I can just tap the motherboard button and see if that works on the 1st attempt, if it does then will have to look at the power on button.

Comment

if you suspect the button then just short the pins and see if it works
        you can see the pins on the top so a pair of tweezers should be able to link them.

Comment

I just got some of those switches from Aliexpress Javino Store and the quality is good. Usually the post height "spec." is from the back of the switch to the end of the post, but some manufacturers use the switch pins to post distance. CUI has TS11 series, eSwitch TL1105 as the same thing. It's a standard format.

I find the Synology doesn't respond to fast button presses, it seems to ignore them and need a bit longer press to power up.
          Attached Files

Comment

Agreed the power button should be a couple of seconds before it start booting up, mine was hit and miss, it would take around 5 or so attempts at starting.

There is a small gap I expect from the button on chassis to the actual button on motherboard, I have tried to move the button by 1mm by pitting a small thing plastic behind the button but again it won’t work

I ordered solder removal, the 1st one was lost in transit and only yesterday a replacement sent, and this is in the same country as me.
            Might be worth a look on the aliexpress do u know if they have the blue led light version

Comment

i have not seen 6mm switches with lights, only the larger type.

Comment

Working...
              X