• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello , I'm Mustafa from Turkey,Sakarya.I'm 19 years old.I love computers

Comment

Hello to the BadCaps forum from a very wet and windy Hungary!

Comment

Hello, and thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi my name is Richard, i'm come from a automotive background in England. as cars become more computer controlled I thought i'd better start gaining some knowledge at the component level

Comment

Pete from Scotland here. Interest in all tech, mechanics and any form of engineering. Grateful to be part of the Forum, thank you.

Comment

Hello everyone, im xavier from belgium 29y

I join this forum for sharing informations

Comment

It's 11039.
                thank you!

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Jeff, who love electrical stuff, I always try to fix my and my friends' laptops.

Comment

Hi, I’m Steve from Tennessee. Trying to figure out what’s wrong with some audio equipment at our little community center. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Hello everyone. This is Elric from Kentucky. I’ve recently rekindled an interest in Electricity and Electronics from 20 some odd years ago, and boy oh boy do I have a lot of catching up to do lol……..

Comment

Hello, im Annshii from Mexico. I'm actually a engineer student and I really want to learn about repairing laptops and some other gadgets. I like programming too.

Comment

Hi i'm Thanos from Greece, i'm 52 years old. Nice to meet you all

Comment

Hi,

I'm new here. this seems to be a great forum with great resources!

Comment

Hi,

I don't often join forums but here I am. Favourite movie is Edge of Tomorrow.

Comment

Hello all members , I am new ....Great Forum

Comment

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I have a broad background in electronics covering design as well as repair.

I have over the years repaired many laptops and computers however I have been handed a MacBook Pro as an if you can fix it great but if not it does not matter as it has been replaced, I did a bit of searching and found this forum which appears to be a great place to start my journey into the MacBook repair.

Comment

Hello, I am James from London and I came across this website to find some schematics for by broken Macbook. I found them! Thanks.

Comment

Merhaba, laptop tamir severim. Türkiye den merhaba

Comment

Today I am going to post my first request.

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                          I'm Michael and I really glad that I discovered this forum. When phone or tablet repairs goes to more complicated level than just switch a screen, this forum and wonderful community can be the only way that works. Thanks you all guys for being here and keeping this forum alive.

Comment

Working...
                                          X