This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

Does anyone have a method to see if dead T2 MacBook has iCloud activation lock enabled ? Every time I want to buy dead T2 it’s a crap shoot.

Comment

You can check serial numbers online or use a paid service.

Comment

Originally posted by kevingill View Post
        I was looking for less generic answer that would point me where exactly that can be done since I checked online extensively and haven't found any place free or paid that would verify it. Thanks

Comment

Yes I use this MDM checker online. 5 cents a check. It sucks but meh that's the best I can do. I know you can check serials online for free but status checks are weird. I'm trying to figure out how they are pulling from Apple servers to do this would be better to be free and check ourselves. I'm certain website costs and server load is why they are charging when thousands are pulling info. No clue. Maybe that will be our check system one day.
          sigpic
          MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            Yes I use this MDM checker online. 5 cents a check. It sucks but meh that's the best I can do. I know you can check serials online for free but status checks are weird. I'm trying to figure out how they are pulling from Apple servers to do this would be better to be free and check ourselves. I'm certain website costs and server load is why they are charging when thousands are pulling info. No clue. Maybe that will be our check system one day.
            What MDM checker charges 5cents? The one I use charges up to $2 and they sometimes return null value.

Comment

The online iCloud/Activation lock checkers are trash. They will only tell you if a board/unit has *EVER* had iCloud/Activation lock enabled/turned-on, not if it's *currently* enabled/locked or not. And even that is hit-or-miss. I have checked over a dozen 100%-confirmed-unlocked/unactivated boards (i.e. install them, install MacOS, confirm no lock with my own eyes right in front of me), but the online tools/checker said they're locked. Also vice-versa; have had one that was clearly locked, but online said it wasn't. This scenario much more uncommon though.

I spoke with the owner of one of these pay services and he said they "use Apple's servers" to check, but when I told him the tool didn't seem to be accurate (and sent him videos showing it), he stopped replying to me. To be clear, we were checking both the "activation status" and "FMM on/off".

Best way to check is to just manually try to install MacOS. Or, if you know someone with access to GSX, they can reliably check FMM/iCloud status of any serial.
              Last edited by ugamazing; 11-25-2022, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Is there currently any working HW method to unlock T2s (such as Mina) that doesn't cost that anyone knows about?

I can buy a T203 but I just don't know if it is worthless now as I read things were patched with iBridge and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by RMKyle View Post
                  Is there currently any working HW method to unlock T2s (such as Mina) that doesn't cost that anyone knows about?

I can buy a T203 but I just don't know if it is worthless now as I read things were patched with iBridge and stuff
                  You don't need T203, just a programmer for 1.8v. This will only work on older bridgeOS versions. Please read the previous posts on how you can achieve this.

Comment

Originally posted by ugamazing View Post
                    The online iCloud/Activation lock checkers are trash. They will only tell you if a board/unit has *EVER* had iCloud/Activation lock enabled/turned-on, not if it's *currently* enabled/locked or not. And even that is hit-or-miss. I have checked over a dozen 100%-confirmed-unlocked/unactivated boards (i.e. install them, install MacOS, confirm no lock with my own eyes right in front of me), but the online tools/checker said they're locked. Also vice-versa; have had one that was clearly locked, but online said it wasn't. This scenario much more uncommon though.

I spoke with the owner of one of these pay services and he said they "use Apple's servers" to check, but when I told him the tool didn't seem to be accurate (and sent him videos showing it), he stopped replying to me. To be clear, we were checking both the "activation status" and "FMM on/off".

Best way to check is to just manually try to install MacOS. Or, if you know someone with access to GSX, they can reliably check FMM/iCloud status of any serial.
                    I agree with you, they're all trash.

Comment

You don't need T203, just a programmer for 1.8v. This will only work on older bridgeOS versions. Please read the previous posts on how you can achieve this.
                      Is there a way to check the bridgeOS version at all or not?

Comment

Hi Stephen!
                        At step 13, when Mina tool is used for jailbreaking, do I have to pay 100 USD?

Comment

Originally posted by RMKyle View Post
                          Is there a way to check the bridgeOS version at all or not?
                          Boot into internet recovery and compare with the image below.

Attached Files

Comment

How can I know if this this laptop has an old or new bridgeOS?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nelusab View Post
                              How can I know if this this laptop has an old or new bridgeOS?
                              Connect to Wi-Fi and then check the images above to what's on your screen

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

After an icloud bypass procedure it is possible to receive updates from apple.
                                  I mean if Catalina is restored on machine, and an macOS Ventura update is available from App Store could this update be installed ?

Comment

Originally posted by hajeve8035
                                    you can for sure treat it like factory unlocked device, and do updates and so on, just keep i mind if at any point you update to latest OS like Ventura that will also update you to latest bridgeOS 7.0 and lets say in future you had an issue with your device and needed to reset it through AC or you did "erase mac" option from recovery you will lose the bypass and be back on icloud locked again
                                    Thank You!

Comment

does any one have T2 unlocked rom data.bin
                                      pls share

Comment

There's a number of posts with Rom dumps.
                                        You'll just have to sift through the thread

Comment

Is the new Tool iPU MacBook T2 Activator working?

Comment

Working...
                                          X