X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
    Hi. Also interested to learn if the T203 tool is suitable to remove password off A1932. Looking to purchase a broken A1932 from Ebay but only if we can get the password off the unit. Real focus is to learn on how to remove and replace the very thin LCD retina as compared to replacing the display assembly.

Apple patched the T2 chip with Apple Conifigurator 2. DFU will only work with APPLE CONFIG 2. All bypasses atm are null until checkrain comes with an updated jailbreak. So that SSH error you are getting is due to Apple patching against the jailbreak. They put a monteray patch embeeded in the Revive/Recovery when you run the tool. This means all jailbreaks to get pass the lock is null. I assume in a the coming weeks we will see a patch for mina once checkrain comes out with a new jailbreak.
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

After an Apple Configurator 2 update it's not possible to make jailbreak... new T2 firmware close SSH connection... Someone has some news regarding this? Regards

Comment

Originally posted by MughalG
        i have good working Activation_Lock bin files for all models with same configuration as per model
        of course method is not for free
        how do we purchase from you then ?

Comment

Originally posted by leemobile2306 View Post
          how do we purchase from you then ?
          After an Apple Configurator 2 update it's not possible to make jailbreak... new T2 firmware close SSH connection...
          Pls note it
          We can not bypass now

Comment

Hi friends activation lock for macbook pro A2289 can be remove by rom?
            I have attached rom if anybody can give solution,please post reply!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vinsun0399 View Post
              After an Apple Configurator 2 update it's not possible to make jailbreak... new T2 firmware close SSH connection...
              Pls note it
              We can not bypass now

You can bypass it if it is MDM locked in most cases but the Activation Server is a problem if it is icloud locked. MDM is hardware method with the T203 but sadly Apple did patch my hardware/software method. So with that said I am currently talking to a coder to help us find a way to break into the SSH.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                You can bypass it if it is MDM locked in most cases but the Activation Server is a problem if it is icloud locked. MDM is hardware method with the T203 but sadly Apple did patch my hardware/software method. So with that said I am currently talking to a coder to help us find a way to break into the SSH.
                We cant all waiting checkrain team he release new version after will know.Before start bypass we must need jailbreak after bypass work.Currently jailbreak not support new Mac os.

Comment

Originally posted by david zhao View Post
                  I used T203 for A1932 2018 model on 20/10, it worked well. Then I tried to use it for my A2179 2020 model, it gave error "not found SSH device, check it and try again". I got this error at the last step while the "minaT2activator" started running? anybody else has the same issue? Please share your solutions.

One more question here: Can we modify the serial number in those unlock data bin file, before we auto program the rom chip? Will the changing of the serial number affect the jailbreaking?

All helps and discussions are welcome.

David
                  I have this problem with my device a1909..
                  `SSH device not found`
                  any one can help us???

Comment

Hello everyone!

Just trying to understand some terminology: "icloud lock" vs. "Activation lock"

1. When they speak of "icloud locked". Does this mean that someone who owned the laptop has purposely locked their machine to prevent anyone else from using it? In other words, is it something that someone has to do in the settings menu?

2. For example, a macbook air 2020, A2179 purchased second hand from someone who forgot to disengage their apple ID from their device, does this mean the laptop is "icloud locked" or is it "Activation locked"
                    If I erase the Mac and reinstall OS via OTA, will it allow me to do so without requiring the original Apple ID of that person that sold it to me?

Thanks!

Comment

"iCloud lock" is synonymous with "activation lock", most of the time.

Your second point is where it gets a bit ambiguous. What really matters is whether "Find My (Mac)" is turned on for the device.
                      If it is, you can't do much unless you know what to replace in a T2 SPI flash dump, which nobody here seems to want to share
                      If it's not, then you can simply put the device into DFU mode and use Apple Configurator 2 to wipe everything, then use Internet Recovery to reinstall macOS.

But it's very likely Find My is enabled for the MacBook in question; I think that's the default for any Mac (unless you disable location services during setup? which you'd have to do explicitly)

My question:
                      What do you have to replace in the T2 flash to "unlock" a Mac tied to an Apple account? Just the serial number? Or the MLB + UUID + ROM as well?
                      Or is that not possible anymore? I don't see how that could be the case; as far as Apple can tell, it's an entirely different Mac, right?
                      Last edited by unilock01; 11-19-2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Same question, there’s something specific to each board that needs to be modified as I tried a dump from the same board that doesn’t have iCloud account attached to it + new serial and that didn’t work, getting and error activation server cannot be reached to verify activation lock status.

Comment

Changing serial number won't cut it with an activation lock. This was already a method years ago on iPhones, so Apple modified it to use other parts of the hardware in the verification process. They'll be using things like WIFI address as well for example.

Comment

Originally posted by unilock01 View Post
                            "iCloud lock" is synonymous with "activation lock", most of the time.

Your second point is where it gets a bit ambiguous. What really matters is whether "Find My (Mac)" is turned on for the device.
                            If it is, you can't do much unless you know what to replace in a T2 SPI flash dump, which nobody here seems to want to share
                            If it's not, then you can simply put the device into DFU mode and use Apple Configurator 2 to wipe everything, then use Internet Recovery to reinstall macOS.

But it's very likely Find My is enabled for the MacBook in question; I think that's the default for any Mac (unless you disable location services during setup? which you'd have to do explicitly)

My question:
                            What do you have to replace in the T2 flash to "unlock" a Mac tied to an Apple account? Just the serial number? Or the MLB + UUID + ROM as well?
                            Or is that not possible anymore? I don't see how that could be the case; as far as Apple can tell, it's an entirely different Mac, right?

iCloud lock doesn't mean it was lost/stolen etc. It usually means someone could have reset their computer and then put it off for sale without properly removing their iCloud, WHICH is very common in iPhones these days. Apple purposefully is doing this on purpose so people buy a new device instead of second hand, why do you think the T2 was introduced? It was not just a security measure, it was a measure to force people into NEW MacBooks.

As of late you cannot flash the Winbond Chip on the MacBooks and change the serial to unlock it. Changing the serial is only usueful for MDM locks and you should be able to get in them, but MDM locks are very less common compared to an iCloud locked device. MDM is also iCloud locked but it adds an extra layer of locks due to the serial once you get into the OS install. So changing the serial in theory can unlock a Mac if IT IS MDM locked.

The T2 chip code in the Winbond chip wont have any kind of code to state which is to be removed to unlock the device. I would honestly say that there is more into the actual T2 chip itself that ties into the Activation server.

Until then the only method of removing these locks is Jailbreaking it but that has been recently patched, so for now we wait.

NOTE: I can still get into iCloud locks easily without patching via DFU via hardware method but the only way that is possible is as long as the computer was not patched recently via DFU at all, you would not need to use DFU using the T203 method, this is how you can do it.

1. Remove the Winbond chip.
                            2. Read the data off of the chip, then save the data to your Desktop (windows pc only)
                            3. Run WinHex, change the serial MANUALLY that is on Mina that is used to unlock it. (IE: In the T203 tool data it will have the Serial plugged in the UNLOCK CODE. Just run WinHex and look for the serial and copy it and paste it. This is the serial activated for Mina.)
                            4. Then run the jailbreak, then turn on the computer once its jailbroken and activated, reinstall the OS, complete OS setup. Create user and password. Then shut down computer. Remove board if necessary
                            5. Remove the chip, read the chip via T203, copy the data from that chip on to the desktop, run WinHex and change to the original serial of the device, save the file as a .BIN then program the file to the chip. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS the chip will be corrupted and you will have to do it all over again! That includes reinstalling the OS. (DO NOT USE THE MINA SERIAL it will run into issues).
                            6. Solder chip back on then turn on and verify the serial and model of your computer in ABOUT THIS MAC. Voila unlocked and working. No need to patch with DFU.
                            sigpic

Comment

Side note: If the serial was MDM locked before you will have to try to find another serial of the same model and year to change it to. I always suggest just changing the last digit or last two digits or letters at the end of the Serial

MDM process:

IE: C02*******89 (original)
                              Change too C02*******87 or 88 or try others. Check the serials online.
                              sigpic

Comment

iCloud lock doesn't mean it was lost/stolen etc. It usually means someone could have reset their computer and then put it off for sale without properly removing their iCloud, WHICH is very common in iPhones these days. Apple purposefully is doing this on purpose so people buy a new device instead of second hand, why do you think the T2 was introduced? It was not just a security measure, it was a measure to force people into NEW MacBooks.

As of late you cannot flash the Winbond Chip on the MacBooks and change the serial to unlock it. Changing the serial is only usueful for MDM locks and you should be able to get in them, but MDM locks are very less common compared to an iCloud locked device. MDM is also iCloud locked but it adds an extra layer of locks due to the serial once you get into the OS install. So changing the serial in theory can unlock a Mac if IT IS MDM locked.

The T2 chip code in the Winbond chip wont have any kind of code to state which is to be removed to unlock the device. I would honestly say that there is more into the actual T2 chip itself that ties into the Activation server.

Until then the only method of removing these locks is Jailbreaking it but that has been recently patched, so for now we wait.

NOTE: I can still get into iCloud locks easily without patching via DFU via hardware method but the only way that is possible is as long as the computer was not patched recently via DFU at all, you would not need to use DFU using the T203 method, this is how you can do it.

1. Remove the Winbond chip.
                                2. Read the data off of the chip, then save the data to your Desktop (windows pc only)
                                3. Run WinHex, change the serial MANUALLY that is on Mina that is used to unlock it. (IE: In the T203 tool data it will have the Serial plugged in the UNLOCK CODE. Just run WinHex and look for the serial and copy it and paste it. This is the serial activated for Mina.)
                                4. Then run the jailbreak, then turn on the computer once its jailbroken and activated, reinstall the OS, complete OS setup. Create user and password. Then shut down computer. Remove board if necessary
                                5. Remove the chip, read the chip via T203, copy the data from that chip on to the desktop, run WinHex and change to the original serial of the device, save the file as a .BIN then program the file to the chip. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS the chip will be corrupted and you will have to do it all over again! That includes reinstalling the OS. (DO NOT USE THE MINA SERIAL it will run into issues).
                                6. Solder chip back on then turn on and verify the serial and model of your computer in ABOUT THIS MAC. Voila unlocked and working. No need to patch with DFU.
                                I dont agree with you as i trying.
                                when you activated Mina Serial its means bypass.When you restore apple configurator will back activation.
                                As you write Repalce Sn and activate mina after replace original then you need must restore and after activation back.
                                When you change Sn you need must restore after work normal.
                                Note:T2 macbook iclouds store in T2 chip.Or Mdm depends Serial number.
                                You cant repalce T2 data program one time as i know.
                                Last edited by imranromi; 11-23-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

You are not understanding what I am saying here. This is for those that do not want to restore via DFU if they have not patched with the most recent patch of DFU. You did not read my post properly.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Again I have no issues unlocking devices still even with this patch because i just go through my hardware method then run MINA I dont have any issues
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                                      I dont agree with you as i trying.
                                      when you activated Mina Serial its means bypass.When you restore apple configurator will back activation.
                                      As you write Repalce Sn and activate mina after replace original then you need must restore and after activation back.
                                      When you change Sn you need must restore after work normal.
                                      Note:T2 macbook iclouds store in T2 chip.Or Mdm depends Serial number.
                                      You cant repalce T2 data program one time as i know.

You did not even understand or follow the guide properly. I would make a video how to guide to do this, but watch Apple find a way to patch that as well so I am going to just wait a bit before I post this up.
                                      sigpic

Comment

You did not even understand or follow the guide properly. I would make a video how to guide to do this, but watch Apple find a way to patch that as well so I am going to just wait a bit before I post this up.
                                        So what do you think about services that offer full hardware unlock of icloud locked macs? Do you think they're just doing a bypass and call it full hardware unlock?

Comment

Probably just have access to Apple servers and get icloud lock removed from there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X