Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-43CUG8461KS

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on the above tv. Recently the display has started showing some lines horizontally across the screen and then the image begins to shake. I've opened it and checked everything but can't seem to find any issues. First boot might get a perfect display for a moment but then it goes all over the place.

I've attached some images and tried disconnecting the cables from the T Com board. The image with the half white and purple lines on the other is with the left ribbon cable removed from the rock board. The image with black and white is with the right cable removed. Am I looking at a bad tcom board?

I've read here about cables on the side but this tv doesn't seem to have them.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Smokie365; 05-17-2021, 02:41 PM.

Re: Sharp LC-43CUG8461KS

Search the forum for the cut off method which may resolve or minimize the issue.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve searched for the cut off method but can’t find anything related to my tv.

Comment

Is one side good? If the TV has a tcon board and one side is good, you can try the tape cutoff method.

https://techhometravel.com/repair-of...lines-on-a-tv/

Comment

You can try scotch tape method first. It's trial and error to figure out the contacts to cover.

Comment

Cheers lads I’ll give it a shot. The T com board is separate and I haven’t tried playing an image to see if it works on either side with the other been disconnected but I’ll try that now.

Can I just clarify that the scotch tape and the tape cut off are the same method?

Comment

Ok lads so I loaded some photos onto the usb drive and started the tv. The images displayed ok but obviously with some lines going horizontally across the screen. I disconnected the left ribbon cable from the T Com board and one side displayed black with big purple lines and the other side displayed nothing. Same with the other ribbon cable, one side went black and the other went a fuzzy black and white with lines going through it. No picture on either side.

Comment

Things seem to of taken a turn for the worse now. With both cables plugged into the t com board I can no longer get a display. Removing one does the half ball and half white thing and removing the other does a black one side and lines the other side I did notice the Tcom board getting very very hot within seconds. Thinking of trying to source a board and see what happens

Comment

Working...
                X