LG 42PC1D (PDP42X30401) wiht flickering image and Vzb high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42PC1D (PDP42X30401) wiht flickering image and Vzb high

Hello. I wonder if any of you guys may be able to point me in the right direction here.

My 42PC1D (PDP42X30401) always had some red dots on black background. It never bothered me too much. One day it died (switched off)

I replaced the Y-SUS board and it worked for a few days. After a few days I started getting grainy image when the set was cold. As soon as it warmed up it worked. The graining got worse and worse until it stopped working. Now I get flickering white dots. I can just about make out the menu on the screen so I know the TV as such is working because the menu comes up.

Vs and Va are fine. On the Y-SUS board Vy and VSC jump a couple of volts but apart from that are correct.

However, on the Z-SUS board the Vzb is supposed to be 100V DC but I can only adjust it down to about 130V DC. It is adjustable between 130V and 144V. What would cause Vzb do be high? Also, would a high Vzb cause the fault I am seeing?

Boards are:
    YSUS
    6871QYH953A
    PD42066J030672

ZSUS
    6871QZH956A
    PD42066K032558

I attached pictures of the Y-SUS, Z-SUS boards and PSU. I also attach a zip file with a video showing the flickering image.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bo_vest; 04-06-2021, 09:55 AM.

Re: LG 42PC1D (PDP42X30401) wiht flickering image and Vzb high

Hi!
    the photo of the power supply shows a lot of faulty capacitors that need to be replaced

Comment

kasfamily, thank you for the reply. How do you know they are faulty? I am not saying they are not faulty. I am just asking how you can tell just by looking at them.

Also, would faulty capacitors on the PSU cause the problem I am having?

Finally, the input voltages on the Z-sus board are correct. I have only tested them with a DC multi meter so I cannot say if the DC is dirty. I could test that with an oscilloscope.

Comment

the tops of the capacitors are bulging, I can see at least 5
        Always learning - correct me if I'm wrong!!

Comment

Swollen capacitors should be changed without thinking, and all the others should be checked ...

Comment

Thank you for that useful feedback. I will change them and report back. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X