Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Welcome to the Badcaps.net Tech Forum! > Announcements & Related News
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2015, 11:14 AM   #9421
Tridaddy

City & State: Denver, CO
My Country: USA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

I'm Todd and I am an electronics tech with a formal education care of Uncle Sam and the U.S. Navy. I was one of the last classes which received component level repair training; everything is now board level or module level. It has been some time since I have had to really trouble shoot a circuit, so I am a bit rusty.

I came upon this site while trying to figure out how to repair a power supply by using parts which I have available to me. I am deployed right now so I do not have access to a parts store and ordering on line would take a long time to receive the parts.

So hopefully I can get the help I need and reignite the fun of component level repair.
Tridaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #9422
dougdiamond1

City & State: Ormond Beach Florida

Hi all,

No One particularly special. Name and user name the same Doug Diamond. I am here because of a possibly dieing TV and look to get some information since it appears so limited else where.

Retired law enforcement officer currently have a Florida statewide private investigative agency...

Thanks all!
dougdiamond1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:29 PM   #9423
KAKUMASTER

City & State: WHITTIER CA

hello
KAKUMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:58 PM   #9424
Dalbir

City & State: West Bromwich
My Country: United Kingdom

I would just like to say thanks to badcaps,
I have been learning loads more than i ever would if i was studying electronics, my main skills are PC & Laptop repairs and in terms of software i work with all the main OS out there including Linux, a lot of software problems i fix using remote connection
I have nearly 20 years PC/Laptops repairs experiance but recently started to do TV and amplifiers so badcaps has been an excellent source of info for me
Dalbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #9425
dustman1747

City & State: PA

Hello everyone,

This forum is an awesome resource and ive fixed many tvs with the information found here! However ive met my match and its time to post my own problem!
dustman1747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #9426
manlar

City & State: kansas city
My Country: United States

Hi, My name is Aaron and I am somewhat new to the whole electronics thing but have always been fascinated by it. My only "training" or "education" on the matter consists of the many things I have taken apart over the years.
manlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #9427
brian6723

City & State: riverside, ca
My Country: usa
I'm a: Hardcore Geek

Hello everyone. I'm Brian and self proclaimed hacker. I don't care to get into anyone's personal info, i just wanna get free internet for whoever i can (Backtrack/Wifiway). Lately i have been learning to reset bios passwords on laptops and that's what i'm mainly here for. So hello everyone and nice to meet you all.
brian6723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:59 PM   #9428
brian6723

City & State: riverside, ca
I'm a: Hardcore Geek

oh yah, I can fix bad on-board video chips on laptop motherboards and flat-screen TV's.
brian6723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #9429
jssurfer

City & State: flemington new jersey

Hello all newbe here
I hope to get a bit of education as I am pretty new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated. I joined the forum to lern a bit about what problem I could be faceing and how to go about trying to fix it myself. I own a LG47LH40 TV and it suddenly changes picture from a nice vivid pix to a much darker display, then stays that way. It was an intermitted problem but this time it seems to be staying permenantly dark. I am wondering If anyone else has had a problem like this and where in the forum would be my next stop. I thank you all in advance for any help you can give me.. Its a shame to toss the TV... Id like to try and do the repair myself .... worst I can do is break a broken TV right? thanx to all JS
jssurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:06 AM   #9430
BrettB80

City & State: Harrisonville,Mo

Hey folks! Obviously I'm another fix it myself kinda guy. I found this forum while(and still) trying to fix my Vizio tv and found lots of helpful info so far.
BrettB80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:09 AM   #9431
WHaThEFLuX
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Rockland, NY

Hello fellow tinkerers,
I've been breaking electronics for almost two decades, figured I'd try my hand at flat-screens. Of all the places on the internet, this seems to be the gold mine for component level repair knowledge, so here I am. Acquired a Panasonic Plasma with a bad board, perfect opportunity to bust out the ole' rework station. If all else fails I'll bake it in the oven, it's worked before!

Nice to meet everyone, I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you guys!
WHaThEFLuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:26 AM   #9432
opethfan

City & State: san fermo
My Country: Italia

hello
i'm Domenico from Italy.
I'm am a cellular's technician. I'm here to learn pc repairing and may can help you for mobile phones...
This forum rulez!!
opethfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:18 AM   #9433
dagav

City & State: Jølster
My Country: Norway
Line Voltage: 230 V 50 HZ

Hello, Dag Arne From Norway, formally educated as an electronic tech, when it still was fordable to repair AV/comp equip, back in 80/90s. Havent been practiced much lately, and need some updating, and this site was good on electronicknowledge.
dagav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #9434
patrickthetiger

City & State: Birmingham, AL

Hey ya'll-- Patrick from Birmingham, AL here. Thanks for all the INCREDIBLE tech knowledge! Can't wait to contribute!
patrickthetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #9435
bryanhill7

City & State: Noblesville

Bryan here,
Software Engineer, mobile phone application developers, quadcopter and 3d printer owner, and now I want to get deeper into fixing all my own electronics. I'm tired of electronics costing more to fix than they are worth. I enjoy cracking things open, fixing and customizing.

Thanks
bryanhill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #9436
arca1

City & State: Sanford, FL

Hello all. I'm Jeff. I reside in Florida. I'm a technician by trade (mostly computers) always wanting to learn more. I love troubleshooting and taking things apart to find out how they work. I'm excited to contribute and learn. Thanks!
arca1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:49 PM   #9437
Beacon

City & State: California
My Country: US

Hey all, I'm a photo enthusiast hoping to pick up some information to fix my broken 11 year old Samsung Syncmaster 244T. I'm not much of a tinkerer but I'm hoping to fix that!
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #9438
Grof_mo

City & State: Mostar
My Country: Bosna i Hercegovina

Hello all! My name is Tomislav and I come from Bosnia in Herzegovina.
I'm doing a service laptop, I hereby want to welcome you all
Grof_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #9439
steviebax

City & State: Southampton,Hampshire
My Country: England

Hi all. My names Steve and l've jsut joined this cool forum.

I'm hoping l can charm some of you guys into helping me solve my technical probs. At the minute l'm struggling with a toshiba 40l1333b LED TV.

I live in England, but don't let that put you off!! Looking forward to chatting to you guys and having some fun.
steviebax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #9440
baggjn

City & State: Manchester
My Country: England, uk
Smile LG 50PJ550 Plasma TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by petabyte View Post
As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
baggjn is offline   Reply With Quote