X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Howdy all,

I am a computer scientist software developer/engineer. Also, about to start going to school for EE. I have experience repairing and hacking a lot of devices..(Car - Honda Insight/Mercedes 300d, xbox gen1/360, TVs. Smart Phones, etc etc..). I am going to be repairing some laptops for income so I may stop by to see if anyone has any help when I get stuck.

Best to everyone!

Comment

Hi all
      My name is Steve
      Just a diy guy trying to fix a plasma tv
      Thanks in advance

Comment

new member Cosy from MN

Hi. My name is Cosy from MN. New to this forum. Trying to soak up some knowledge if you're willing to share you're some. Just started repairing TVs in my spare time for the past year. Also been reading very informative threads on here before I joined. My experience with electronics is limited. 😁 but hopefully that will change. I don't know what else to tell you
        " knowledge is power"

Comment

Hello! I've repaired my Panasonic tv in the past, and now looking to repair a Samsung plasma. Hope you guys can Help!

Comment

My thanks to Topcat or perhaps that should that be Topcap and petabyte for the warm welcome.

My name is George Spooner and I live at Busselton, a small-ish city on Geographe Bay in the south-west corner of Western Australia. I'm a long-retired ex Aircraft Inspector, Engineering (33 years with Ansett Airlines) and have had a love-hate-love relationship with all things electronic since the late-1970s when I bought my first computer, an Apple ][+ with a whole 64kB of RAM! That was followed by an Apple 2GS ('Woz-signed' model) which kept me happy until the mid-1980s when I built my first 'PC'. There's been a few since then.

I found Badcaps forum while searching for troubleshooting information for a Vivo TV which I found in a retiredcap 'sticky' - thank you, retiredcap. I don't expect to post much but I certainly now know where to come for good advice on electronics troubleshooting.

Geo.

Comment

Hi, I've found this forum while searching for a plasma tv fix for my 2011 Samsung PN64D7000 plasma. I'm hoping to be able to find a fix and learn enough to help out friends who may have issues in the future. I couldn't find a picture or forum online that had the same exact problem as mine so I really think this forum will be tremendously helpful.

Comment

Hi, i ended up here looking for help with replacing an old Fpcap v3 1000uf capacitor on a Asus motherboard.

Comment

Hi all! I ended up here looking for help (or at least confirmation I did my research correctly) on the issue I'm having. I have a LG 42PC3D. I believe the ysus board is bad.

Comment

Hello, I'm here because my LG 60PZ550-UA died on me the other day ( no picture no sound ) and I would like to try a few things before throwing it away :-( being doing some reading, got the test pattern up on 2/3 of the screen but don't know where to go from here. Translation.....HELP!

Comment

Hi, I am here to try to make my LCD monitor edge LED!

Comment

Hi!

My X221W monitor has bad caps and I figure this just might be the right place!

Comment

Hi,

Currently researching a potential recapping project for my Sony PVM and stumbled across this site. Looks like this forum will be a great resource when i get to work on it!

Comment

Hi my name is Joe and interest are tv repair and han radio

Comment

Hey guys and gals I have about 32 years in electrical and electronic troubleshooting. I am disabled now so sit at home and repair a TV or Computer once in awhile. Hope to receive some knowlege and pass some along. I also into PLC controling.

Comment

Emerson BLC320EM9 No Picture,Sound or Back lights.
                                On a Emerson BLC320EM9, if you are preparing to turn on the unit and the standby indicator goes from solid red to a flashing green about ten flashes then to a solid green for a few seconds then back to a solid red and no picture or back lights come on. What would that possibly be?

Comment

Hi,
                                  My names Johnny and I'm an avid do it yourselfer. I've fixed a couple lcd tv's courtesy of bad caps. My own 32" Samsung got new Capacitors soldered in by myself and my brother in law got an invertor board. I'm a nursing student that was born into logging and diy mechanics. My interest in electronics came from Auto mechanics school and tearing apart everything I owned as a kid. I joined to gain more knowledge and fix a 55" Samsung for an old folks home pro/bono. Problem is I replaced an invertor board and it didn't fix the backlight from my own pocket.

Comment

Hello
                                    Retired network tech.
                                    I love working on electronics and cars.

Comment

Hello, I am real glad to find this site. Very useful. I am a 12+ year it tech. Thanks for having me

Comment

just hallo

Comment

Hi,
                                          My name is Francis, works in IT in France. Like sometimes to troubleshoot electronics. Have found this site to be useful.
                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X