Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Request bios for HP PRODESK 600 G2 DESKTOP MINI

Originally posted by Mantikor View Post
    Hi, peste! I need your help. My wife has lost bios password from her HP ProDesk 600 G2 Mini. Which tool I should use to create bios backup/return it back, HP BIOS Update and recovery? Which version? Or I need to use special program cable? Thanks in advance!
    upd: HP BIOS Update and recovery wants password for doing backup (((
    you need an SPI programmer (ch 341A, TL866), disassemble the laptop, look for the bios chip, with the programmer read the bios chip, check the content with the HxD program to be ok, make a copy and post it here and someone will delete your password, after which, rewrite the chip with the new bios and you're done.

here is a video ... you can see more ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      you need an SPI programmer (ch 341A, TL866), disassemble the laptop, look for the bios chip, with the programmer read the bios chip, check the content with the HxD program to be ok, make a copy and post it here and someone will delete your password, after which, rewrite the chip with the new bios and you're done.

here is a video ... you can see more ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
      Thank you for reply!
      I'm so old and lazy to solder bios chip I tried to read with special utility, dump is looks like ok. Plz check.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for reply!
        I'm so old and lazy to solder bios chip I tried to read with special utility, dump is looks like ok. Plz check.
        the posted bios is not ok..I don't know if due to old age or laziness ... it may be a corrupt bios, or it may have read you with errors..try to make more copies, and if they fit into the HxD it means that they are read ok, and so is the bios..posts again..if you don't feel like doing what I proposed, and the laziness is very big, try a bios from the posts in this thread that worked for others. .
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

the posted bios is not ok..I don't know if due to old age or laziness ... it may be a corrupt bios, or it may have read you with errors..try to make more copies, and if they fit into the HxD it means that they are read ok, and so is the bios..posts again..if you don't feel like doing what I proposed, and the laziness is very big, try a bios from the posts in this thread that worked for others. .
          Hi! Finally I got the CH341 (I had to follow him to the other side of the city ) programmer and read the BIOS dump. Plz check. Thanx.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi! Finally I got the CH341 (I had to follow him to the other side of the city ) programmer and read the BIOS dump. Plz check. Thanx.
            try..
            Attached Files

Comment

try..
              Thanks mate! Now is everything working good, without any password! Just like that, in plain text? Some problems with flashing using clip - after erasing, the programmer stopped seeing BIOS IC and I had to go to a friend, de-solder IC and flash it with a Mini-pro programmer. A friend suggested doing this at the very beginning

Comment

Can anyone assist which bios chip to use as mine is not readable at all and not able to detect in programmer. will Winbond work or does it need to be MXIC MX25L12873F as one person suggesting? the winbond i have access to is 64 and not 128 so not sure what to get.....????

Comment

Originally posted by acd2005 View Post
                  Can anyone assist which bios chip to use as mine is not readable at all and not able to detect in programmer. will Winbond work or does it need to be MXIC MX25L12873F as one person suggesting? the winbond i have access to is 64 and not 128 so not sure what to get.....????
                  What model is your SPI programmer
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                    What model is your SPI programmer
                    Its EZP 2019

Comment

Apologies its a RT809F Serial ISP Programmer that a mate is using to do this. I assumed it was the EZP 2019 as it looked similar. Could it be this programmer cannot detect this chip?

Comment

hi

Comment

HI, could anyone could provide an BIOS image of HP600 G2, which removes the secondary fan warning?

I recently replaced the CPU from G4400 to I5-6600, the system warns me every time after power on.

Comment

Originally posted by skyvense View Post
                            HI, could anyone could provide an BIOS image of HP600 G2, which removes the secondary fan warning?

I recently replaced the CPU from G4400 to I5-6600, the system warns me every time after power on.
                            post the backup of the bios..the original bios ..

Comment

Hi Peste, would you tell me in which address of the memory the password is located

Comment

Originally posted by isaman View Post
                                Hi Peste, would you tell me in which address of the memory the password is located
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79956

Comment

Thank you Peste.��

Comment

Hi, I have a HP prodesk 600 G2, it gives me an error message on every boot "901-Rear chassis fan failed. Press enter to continue. Its a mini desktop and doesn't have the rear chassis fan. Could you please help me resolve this issue. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by johnaedus2 View Post
                                      Hi, I have a HP prodesk 600 G2, it gives me an error message on every boot "901-Rear chassis fan failed. Press enter to continue. Its a mini desktop and doesn't have the rear chassis fan. Could you please help me resolve this issue. Thank you
                                      Post your serial number on the case and your bios backup.This type of error is sometimes caused by programming the wrong bios version.If it has the right bios then rolling back to an older version might fix it.
                                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i need bios bin for HP PRODESK 600 G2 sff pls
                                        i tested mini and mt but still doesnt work
                                        Last edited by abdelilahocs; 01-03-2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

HELLO evrybody i need bios (HP PRODESK 600 G2 mt) i have admin password on bios i try old methode to reset bios but no way to do it please help me

Comment

Working...
                                          X