Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amplifier - bad sound when loud sound on bass

I'n trying to fix a M&S SYSTEM DMC-1which have following problem:
    I'm using FM station to do this fix, I works perfect if volume below around 8 or if bass is set to zero, the sound can go to 20 without problem, but if I set bass to maximum and try to go over 10 the sound comes distorted ... I saw a video on YouTube the person saying about the main capacitors on the power portion, but I disconnect the main transformer and inject direct to the capacitors PINs my bench power supply -23v 0v +23v, but still distorted so I think the problem is not the capacitor neither the transformer
    The consumption is less than 500ma in both line (-23v +23v)
    I connected an oscilloscope on the audio out (together with the speaker), and I noticed that the voltage Peak-to-Peak on the speaker is less than 10V while working good (high volume not bass, or low volume with bass), but if I increase the bass and the volume the peak-to-peak on the speaker goes to around 20v-23v and the sound comes distorted.
    Any tip is welcome.

Re: Amplifier - bad sound when loud sound on bass

It's a type of sound usually generated by increasing the gain of the signal. Distortion on your electric bass can be caused by your amplifier, wiring, cable, EQ, pedals, or audio interface. It can be done intentionally with pedals or unintentionally by many things.

Comment

Working...
    X