Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power button on Behringer Xenyx 1204USB mixer dead ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power button on Behringer Xenyx 1204USB mixer dead ?

Hi, I got Behringer Xenyx 1204USB mixer, and in the morning mixer was working fine, but when I came home from bike ride I turn it On but nothing happend. Phantom switch is working because red light is On, but other switch no respond.
    I brought mixer to my friend today who is electronic expert and he will tell me if it's the button or something on power supply that died. But I am 90% sure that it's power button. My question is, is it possible to put some better quality switches on that mixer than the ones mixer came with, I found them very cheap and low quality.

Re: Power button on mixer dead ?

It depends on the configuration of the switch and what it controlling
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Re: Power button on mixer dead ?

It's not a problem with the power switch, that is all or none for power. Some power is present if the phantom red LED is on, so the switch is not to blame.

Your electronic expert friend would have to take it apart to find the problem.
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Power button on Behringer Xenyx 1204USB mixer dead ?

He fixed it. Told me that secondary power unit on power supply died.
        Last edited by Thermaltake; 08-17-2022, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Oh forgot to say thanks for the schematics.

Still can't figure out where that secondary power unit is I am looking at open power supply.

P.S
          A year ago we changed all caps on the power supply there were a lot of trashy caps on it. Second picture is with all new caps. I use only rubycon, nichicon and nippon caps.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Thermaltake; 08-17-2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

same psu as qx1622 i own .the psu gets very hot during operation.and the crap caps died slowly take other components with it.i recap with quality brands dril some extra holes to the case for good ventilation and the psu runs cooler and sounds better.under the board is clearly separated the primary and secondary side.

Comment

Originally posted by spiros.p View Post
              same psu as qx1622 i own .the psu gets very hot during operation.and the crap caps died slowly take other components with it.i recap with quality brands dril some extra holes to the case for good ventilation and the psu runs cooler and sounds better.under the board is clearly separated the primary and secondary side.
              It wasn't the caps, caps are ok. I replaced them last year with all new caps and high quality ones(Nippon, rubycon, nichicon) as you can see on the second picture in my previous post. But something other on PSU died.

Can you take a picture where did you drill that holes if it's not a problem. I also notice that section where the PSU is, is getting hottish but I thought that holes where the faders are and that side holes on the metal case are enough for it to cool.
              Last edited by Thermaltake; 08-20-2022, 12:53 AM.

Comment

just drill front the metal unter the rount plastik 8 to 10 mm holes.and few left and right from the existing holes on booth sides.from inside you can glue some moschito net to prevent come inside smal insects.my behry mixer is not on my place right now.with multimeter check the secondary components carefuly.first make sure you have power to the big capacitor.take care there is danger voltage.check ic2 and all diodes.and the 3 transistors.some members here may have more sugestions.

Comment

There's a 7805 and two transistors on the heatsink in the second picture, so it looks like they're using linear regulators after a switching power supply. Those regulators might be the "secondary power unit," and it would explain why it runs so hot. It's just a cheap way of making a multi-output regulated power supply (and it filters ripple a little, but a decent modern power supply shouldn't need linear regulators for filtering in audio equipment).

Comment

Ha, I am not much into it. But I get what you are saying approximately.

I was wondering maybe it went down just because I switch both buttons at the same time few times....

Comment

Hi, I forgot to inform. Friend fixed the PSU, he told me secondary part on PSU died and he fix it. Now mixer is working again

Comment

Working...
                      X